Bigger Brake Upgrade

DTSGUY

Hello everyone, I have a 2010 Journey SXT AWD and as we all know the brakes suck. Ive been doing some research into putting bigger and better brakes on it. Ive found that I can go much better but not bigger. I was ok with that for a few days until it started bothering me again. I know that Dodge started putting bigger brakes on the Journeys so I called my local Dodge dealership and I asked them if the bigger brakes from the 2013 Journey will fit right on my 2010 with out any custome modifications and he looked it up and told me that the bigger brakes from 2013 Journey will absolutly fit on my 2010 Journey with out any custome modifications so im very excited and I will be doing this in the next few weeks (using aftermarket parts cause there better). Im planning on changing the rotors, calipers and pads. But I want to find out if anyone has already done this and were you sucessful and how do you like it.

Im not using 2013 DJ brakes. I just called the dealer to find out if 2013 parts will fit my 2010. It will fit so now I want to get aftermarket brakes that belong to a 2013 DJ and use them on my 2010. but since I put up this forum about bigger brakes earlier today I got rear ended and now I have to deal with getting that repaired first. This really sucks.

Im not using 2013 DJ brakes. I just called the dealer to find out if 2013 parts will fit my 2010. It will fit so now I want to get aftermarket brakes that belong to a 2013 DJ and use them on my 2010. but since I put up this forum about bigger brakes earlier today I got rear ended and now I have to deal with getting that repaired first. This really sucks.

Sorry to hear about your accident. :(

When you do get around to doing the bigger brake upgrade maybe a few pics of the work in progress for the how to section? It would be great for someone else who wants to attempt this job.

Ok everyone so i did lots of research and running around this last weekend to figure out what I can do about bigger brakes and what I found out is.

Bigger brakes may be possible with out any custome work but unless you have a friend in the shop at a dealership or a friend who has a Journey with the bigger brakes and you try it yourself to actually see if it ill fit. Cause there is no way to tell.

The bigger rotors will fit if you have 19" wheels and the Calipers will also fit but the question is the mounting holes is unknown unless you try it yourself or have a friend at a Dealership and is willing to try this swap out for you.

The Dealer told me that because I have a 2010 they wont allow me to return any parts that dont belong to a 2010 because its a "Custom" job.

So I just resurfaced my 2010 rotors and installed Wagner Ceramic Pads. Im really hoping to get 3 to 5 years out of them. We do lots of driving so we will see.

If anyone has the opportunity to physically try this swap please let me know if it actually works. Sorry everyone I was hoping to have this answer for everyone. Epic Fail!!

hate to say but if you had your old rotors turned all you did was make them thinner and they are now ready to warp even faster, you should have paid a little more for the wagner rotors that come with a unlimted warrenty against warping. if they did go bad later take them back and they will exchange them for free. i was just talking to a guy at advance auto on how they determine if the rotors are bad and he said just bring them in and they would replace them since they have no machine to check them for warpaged. that is what i plan to do next time my brakes start giving me problems

hate to say but if you had your old rotors turned all you did was make them thinner and they are now ready to warp even faster, you should have paid a little more for the wagner rotors that come with a unlimted warrenty against warping. if they did go bad later take them back and they will exchange them for free. i was just talking to a guy at advance auto on how they determine if the rotors are bad and he said just bring them in and they would replace them since they have no machine to check them for warpaged. that is what i plan to do next time my brakes start giving me problems

Ill do that next time...Thanks.

Yes, the parts fit. I just did this upgrade today. Posting pics in a new thread later tonight.

Thanks for the info FROGBOX, I see that you have a 2011 Journey. I know that in 2011 is when Dodge did the change over to the 3.6 and interior. Im not sure if they did a change to the mounting holes of the brake calipers to get ready for bigger brakes. It would be great to know for sure if they fit a 2010.