Dealerships for Service - Good / Bad

black2011

I figured we need a thread for people to research Dealerships , and to see what kind of service others have received when going ther for routine service and significant repairs. I figured I would start with mine

Airpark Dodge

Scottsdale AZ

Would NOT reccomend

Horrie Service. Went in for oil change. Stood by my car in service lane for 20 minutes. Not a soul to be found. Had to go find someone to help me. Many other customers waiting like me. After the service. I noticed hey did not check my tire pressure, which I specifically asked he service manager to address. Wanted to make sure they put them all to the same level.

I figured we need a thread for people to research Dealerships , and to see what kind of service others have received when going ther for routine service and significant repairs. I figured I would start with mine

Airpark Dodge

Scottsdale AZ

Would NOT reccomend

Horrie Service. Went in for oil change. Stood by my car in service lane for 20 minutes. Not a soul to be found. Had to go find someone to help me. Many other customers waiting like me. After the service. I noticed hey did not check my tire pressure, which I specifically asked he service manager to address. Wanted to make sure they put them all to the same level.

Could there have been something else going on that day to prevent the more prompt service? Extremely busy or short of staff? Is this a constant problem or just the one time? Did you talk to a service manager about it? Did he or she do anything about it? I find there are days when the service is quick then the odd days they are not but to label them as a dealership to avoid because of the one time wait is a little quick to judge. Although, I do like the idea of this thread as a warning for others I would just like to hear more horror stories like dealerships that try to avoid doing warranty work, messing up a vehicle that was brought in for service and/or rude managers or service writers tales. Maybe even start a thread with the all-time best bullsh!t lines given at the dealership.

Anyhow, if you really don't like the service they provide then doing your own routine maintenance is another option.....just save all your receipts of the maintenance you do so you don't void the warranty.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

everyone has different experiences on different days. IDK if this thread is a pro active one as it allows people to bad mouth dealerships that may not be entirely bad. I would use this thread to post good experiences of dealerships to go to rather then ones to avoid !!

This type of thread I find generally you hear a lot more negative than positive. When things go well you just accept it and go on, but if you have a bad experience you will tell EVERYONE about it. This is a good idea but lets make sure we get the GOOD along with the bad and the ugly.

My local dealer, Bridge City Chrysler (Lethbridge, Alberta) has been good. Always prompt with the routine services. Can not speak to any warranty issues as have had very little problems. Only warranty job was on a power steering hose blew on our 2009 DJ SXT and of course it had to happen when they were getting ready to close down for Christmas. Towed it into the shop and when they reopened it was fixed in very short order. Traded the '09 in for a 2013 DJ Crew last February and so far no issues. I would recommend this dealership. :play:

I agree with the above 2 responses. Is there really anybody alive, that hasn't had a bad experience at a dealership??? Haha. I think it would be more appropriate to focus on the "happy endings".

Jim Burke Automotive in Birmingham, Alabama has been great to me so far! My 2012 SXT AWD has been in their body shop for rear end damage in February, and the only problem so far was that the rear door was on back order, which is out of the dealers control. Last month, I had the cylinder #2 misfire, and when I first started talking to the service manager about the issue, he was familiar with it, and put an order in for the "already on back order" cylinder head, while I was still standing there. Although it did take 1.5 weeks to get there, once they received the head, I dropped my car off, and it was ready the next day! Along with a trans reflash, and oil change.

I posted in order to find a GOOD dealer to go to close to Scottsdale. I have had routinely bad service at Airpark Dodge and am fed up. I don't want to continue to make excuses for them. It's like a restaurant , if I have lousy service or bad food, I will not find excuses on why it may be that way. I move on to the next if repeat service is constantly lousy. I have POSITIVE experiences too :) Scottsdale Lexus is amazing! Prompt, complete service, great staff, they greet you with a cold water bottle (nice gesture in AZ). Would recommend them to anyone with a Toyota or Lexus.

Anyone in AZ with a great dealer to go to for routine maintenance, I am all ears.

Dons auto clinic in Cadillac Michigan-BAD salesmen are awesome but service sucks!

I would like to get DodgeCares in on this one.

IT was a while ago so maybe there might not be anything he can do but it was after we got the DJ in 2010 or early 2011 when we took it in. The rear license plate bulb sockets were melted and very terrible looking. Took it in under warranty, no problem there. But upon pickup the rear hatch plastic panels surrounding the window and lower portion were not in right and were all floppy. Mechanics did a terrible job setting them into the retaining clips. We brought it back to get done right because I couldn't figure it out and I didn't want to break anything. So they get it put back and guess what they broke stuff!!! When I looked in it with the service secretary there was one retaining clip broken off and laying on the back cargo cover and .5'x1' emergency lift-gate cover were broken and laying there. I picked them up and was like why are these broken? And I looked at the latch cover again and it had a gap still that wouldn't close when you pushed it up where it should. I told her, "this is going to get replaced because you broke it right?" and she went inside sat down at her computer, brought a service manager out and they said that "Chrysler probably wouldn't let us buy a whole new cover just because that broke off." I said you better look into it because you guys broke that! and I never heard from them again. I went in a month later and they said Chrysler denied it. With the emergency cover, they superglued that back on.

So moral of the story, Dons will never be my to go place ever!

A dealer workmanship issue at least two years ago? Nope, too long ago.

I contacted you 2 years ago and nothing was done, a number was given along with a reference number and nothing was done either. Oh and how about a fix for those of us with that tranny issue with its dedicated thread? Tranny slipped out of gear while towing a trailer and revved its socks off and wouldn't go back into gear until I shut the car off.

• Official Dodge Support

I contacted you 2 years ago and nothing was done, a number was given along with a reference number and nothing was done either. Oh and how about a fix for those of us with that tranny issue with its dedicated thread? Tranny slipped out of gear while towing a trailer and revved its socks off and wouldn't go back into gear until I shut the car off.

When you say "you" I assume you mean the company. I don't know the details. While we can try to intervene with a workmanship issue, ultimately it's up to the dealer.

The topic of this thread is Dealerships for Service - Good / Bad.

If you want me to see if I can get info on this tranny issue you are talking about - PM me the link to the thread and/or your name and VIN. Edited by DodgeCares

So you're telling me a dealer can break something then decide if they want to replace it or not?"

first thread under "Engine, Powertrain & Transmission"

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/3259-rough-transmission-shifs/

There the link.

that sub forum is full of tranny issues, there needs to be a sub forum of the sub forum to handle all of them.