Windows down with FOB

larryl

Not all vehicles are equipped with it. I have '12 Crew and checked with DodgeCaCares and was told after a lookup of my vin that it was not included.

Really!?! That is as crazy as not including DRLs in all Journeys. Uconnect has the option to turn them off. Weird. The window/fob feature seems like a basic one to me.

Peace.

Yep... Don't know exactly when it was "discontinued", but, they won't go down on the 2013s either. Never had it, so I don't really miss it. On really hot days, we just open both doors for a minute, then start the engine and open the windows and the sunroof to blow the rest of the heat out. Don't know that lowering the windows would give us much of a headstart on venting the heat...but, it would be a neat "trick" if it worked that way.

Yep... Don't know exactly when it was "discontinued", but, they won't go down on the 2013s either. Never had it, so I don't really miss it. On really hot days, we just open both doors for a minute, then start the engine and open the windows and the sunroof to blow the rest of the heat out. Don't know that lowering the windows would give us much of a headstart on venting the heat...but, it would be a neat "trick" if it worked that way.

Oh, its more than a "trick". Lowering the windows at 100 yards let's out lots of heat by the time you reach your DJ. Opening the sunroof is better, but you have to be in the oven to do that. Still not sure why Dodge discontinued that feature.

Peace.

Oh, its more than a "trick". Lowering the windows at 100 yards let's out lots of heat by the time you reach your DJ. Opening the sunroof is better, but you have to be in the oven to do that. Still not sure why Dodge discontinued that feature.

Peace.

In New Mexico, I agree, it would probably be worth more than "trick" status! :) Our daughter-in-law is from Albuqurque and it does get powerful hot there. We RV in that area frequently and can attest to the heat, but, in South Central PA, it is less of a problem. With the mountains and the "hollers" there is always a breeze and we don't get a lot of hot days. One of the reasons we live here. ;)

Edited by webslave