chrysler control number & rebates/discounts???

soontobejourneyowner

Hi Everyone,

So, I have a chrysler control number. I am curious to know if anyone might have feedback to the following questions, please:

1) Is the control # a certain "set" dollar amount or does it differ from dealer to dealer?

2) Can you still get all the rebates/incentives offered and then get your control # discount on top of that? One dealer told me this was not possible but I'd just like to verify.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

the discount is off the sticker price and then you get the rebates knocked off. but to be honest you can get a better deal by doing your own haggling then the friends discount.i worked for chry. and one time i went to a dealer in a different town and told them i was looking for a truck with the options i wanted and i had already priced it at my reg dealer and i knew what the price was on the same truck. well they showed me a truck with all the same options and would throw in a bed liner for a better price that i could have bought using my employee discount,only problem i didnt like the color of that truck..lol so just do some price checking and when you get ready let them know your ready to buy that day but the they only one chance to sell you one or you walk away. good luck

• 2 months later...

I brought a control number to the dealer when i made my purchase...a friend from chrysler that gave it to me said to present it to them once you are done negotiating the price to get them to drop the price even further...i did exactly what was told and was able to get $250 more off the price. not exactly what i was expecting but i am confident i got the best available price

I brought a control number to the dealer when i made my purchase...a friend from chrysler that gave it to me said to present it to them once you are done negotiating the price to get them to drop the price even further...i did exactly what was told and was able to get $250 more off the price. not exactly what i was expecting but i am confident i got the best available price

the second price you got was the friends and relatives price discount the employee and retiree discount is a bigger discount that is for the employee and his / her family only. both are a set price that cannot be haggled with and all rebates are subtracted after the discount price is told to you and then tax and all the other little add ons. NOW if you are trading in a car and using the discount they WILL rape you on the trade in price. and dont try to haggle the trade in with out telling them you are using a discount as they will go back to the beginning and tell you are getting such a great deal that they cant give you more for your trade in. read my above post as with new modles coming out you could get a better deal if you have your cash or financeing all set and do some wheeling and dealing and play hard ball, but it wont be much more.. GOOD LUCK ALL

The control #'s that begin with the letters FP are good for 1% off the msrp (sticker price). On a $25,000 car, that equals $250. My dealer rounded mine up to an even $300.

sorry but you are wrong it is NOT off the sticker price it is 1 precent off of the invoice price and emp. price is about 5 percent off of invoice price plus a $75. processing fee. any one can google this using chrysler freinds and family discount.

sorry but you are wrong it is NOT off the sticker price it is 1 precent off of the invoice price and emp. price is about 5 percent off of invoice price plus a $75. processing fee. any one can google this using chrysler freinds and family discount.

Hmm... thats odd, I didn't tell the dealership I had a control # until after they gave me their "best price". When I told them about the control # they said that it was good for another 1% off the msrp ($25,885) which worked out to $259 but like I said earlier, they rounded it up to an even $300 and took that off their best price.

are you talking about the sticker price on the window of the car ?as that is not the invoice price of that the dealer uses to adjust the discount off of. the friends discount should have saved you at least 1500 off of the window sticker price plus the rebates.the paperwork they use is never put on the window