Yes you can...there is a whole thread devoted to the "how" of doing it:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/2760-daytime-running-lights-activated/page-4

Basically:

"Dealership added the LMK code. It wasn't listed on the "accepted list" of option codes, so, the first group (sales) that he (Service Manager) said it couldn't be done. He had contacted them before I even picked the car up as I had told them I wanted the DRLs (thanks to them trying) and based on what he was told he thought it was a dead issue.

Told him of the postings on the forum and he contacted the service group out of Pittsburgh. They managed to get the code added despite it not appearing to be a "valid" listing for my year, model and country of origin codes. The next problem occurred when they attempted to turn them on through the TIPM...turns out that the "on/off" software switch for the car's systems isn't in the TIPM; the BCM (body control module) had to be updated with the new VIN information (that now included the LMK code as an option on the car) and viola! DRLs that work as advertised and are controlled now through the UConnect system in the car (I can control whether they are on or off with the car's UConnect system)."

Easy enough to do (don't get anyone started on why it is rediculously hard to get accomplished...) The above is what my dealer eventually did to get them working. I won't bore you with all the hoops and attempts to figure out the "how" of the above...

• 2 months later...

Got our DJ a week ago and realized the the DRLs weren't working either. Went to the dealer and talked to the salesman and explained what needed to be done. It was taken to service and they didn't know it could be done but they tried it and it worked. No bucking me or anything, and didnt charge me for it. Work just fine now.

• 11 months later...

Yes you can...there is a whole thread devoted to the "how" of doing it:

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/2760-daytime-running-lights-activated/page-4

Basically:

"Dealership added the LMK code. It wasn't listed on the "accepted list" of option codes, so, the first group (sales) that he (Service Manager) said it couldn't be done. He had contacted them before I even picked the car up as I had told them I wanted the DRLs (thanks to them trying) and based on what he was told he thought it was a dead issue.

Told him of the postings on the forum and he contacted the service group out of Pittsburgh. They managed to get the code added despite it not appearing to be a "valid" listing for my year, model and country of origin codes. The next problem occurred when they attempted to turn them on through the TIPM...turns out that the "on/off" software switch for the car's systems isn't in the TIPM; the BCM (body control module) had to be updated with the new VIN information (that now included the LMK code as an option on the car) and viola! DRLs that work as advertised and are controlled now through the UConnect system in the car (I can control whether they are on or off with the car's UConnect system)."

Easy enough to do (don't get anyone started on why it is rediculously hard to get accomplished...) The above is what my dealer eventually did to get them working. I won't bore you with all the hoops and attempts to figure out the "how" of the above...

What dealer in pittsburgh did you use? I am in Ohio and all the dealers hear say it can't be done.

What dealer in pittsburgh did you use? I am in Ohio and all the dealers hear say it can't be done.

There's a topic in another sub forum here where one of the members is an employee at a dealer. Give him your VIN and he will have the option added. At that point your dealer can flash the vehicle and they will work... Your dealer can do it too, but it sounds like they are idiots.

EDIT: Here is the thread... http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5428-2014-dodge-journey-daytime-running-lights/

Edited by Lobitz68

Thanks, Ill have to get five post before I can PM him my Journey is going to the dealer tomorrow for other service and they are going to try to turn the DRL's on. They said if they have to change it to a Canadian vin they will not do it because that is illegal. I tried to explain what others were having done but he seemed like he didn't want to listen so I will copy some of the post from here so he can read for himself.

Thanks again for your help it is appreciated.

Don't know... I even requested the DRLs when I ordered my vehicle (as I do with all my new cars), but, the LMK code was never added at the factory. My UConnect had the software switch, but, that switch is standard software in the UConnect system (not an "option" added switch, but, part of the base software). For some reason, your DJ came to you with the LMK option code already loaded. I'm assuming that you've verified that you are actually turning them on... I could turn them "on" and "off" from the UConnect menu, but, the DRLs wouldn't illuminate when the vehicle was put in gear. Though the UConnect said they were on, they weren't. It wasn't until the LMK code was added by my dealership and re-flashed that the switch actually made them illuminate. Hence, the return to the dealer for *most* of us (you lucky dog) as our vehicles didn't come with the code pre-loaded as evidently yours was...

Edited by webslave

Why is everyone having so much trouble when I can just access the menu and turn them on or off as I want to without having to do anything with the dealer??

Is the use of DRLs mandated in NC? My guess would be that maybe each states laws may have something to do with it... Mine has the option, but I've never tried to turn them on since I don't want them on...

Is the use of DRLs mandated in NC? My guess would be that maybe each states laws may have something to do with it... Mine has the option, but I've never tried to turn them on since I don't want them on...

Nope, not at all. We did buy ours used from Carmax, maybe it came from Canada, eh?

Nope, not at all. We did buy ours used from Carmax, maybe it came from Canada, eh?

Maybe... Any sign of a Tim Hortons cup or maybe a hockey puck under one of the seats?

(all in good fun Canadians...I like Tim Hortons and play hockey too...although I am in Minnesota and we are very similar, eh?)

Edited by Lobitz68

Pssht....first thing I did when I went to Canada was go to a Tim Horntons after all I heard about it. All they did was combine a dunkin donuts with a mcdonalds....I was not that impressed.... (jk) :lol:

Edited by jkeaton