TSB 11-003-08 Howl, rattle, or drone sound

• 6 months later...
how did they fix it? did they tighten it or replace the mufler? what is really wrong with the muffler? mine they could not fix the problem and they keep telling me they perform the tsb.

Took mine to the dealer and they mentioned a bulletin on a muffler bracket....guess they installed another bolt or something.

Dont know exaclty what they did but I dont get the rattle on cold starts any more.

Took mine to the dealer and they mentioned a bulletin on a muffler bracket....guess they installed another bolt or something.

Dont know exaclty what they did but I dont get the rattle on cold starts any more.

they applied tsb for but the noise is still there. i dont know what to do anymore!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm losing my patience now it's been 3 odd months now driving this shyt! why my dealer could not fix the vibrating sound from the exhaust? They have performed TSB for this but no success! I never buy brand you car from dodge anymore I have learned my lesson clear! Bullshyt!

They probably haven't been able to fix it because they can't "hear" it.

That seems to be the issue I'm having with my dealer. I tell them the specifics but since I work when they're available to do a test drive, I can't physically demonstrate with them in the vehicle.

I know for a fact that they have, on at least one occasion, done nothing at all on my Journey and told me they fixed the problem. It's nice when you catch them lying to you, but frustrating as hell because while you're not paying for the work to be done, we all expect our vehicles to perform the way they should. And it should be expected that the dealership who sells you the vehicle, is able to fix the vehicle.

Or am I expecting too much??

• 2 weeks later...

for the howling sound in the exhaust is easy to fix only flat screw driver is what you need! crawl under the ca,r locate the heat shield ( at the back before the two exhaust , it's like a tube that cut into half lengthwise) insert the screw driver in the gap between the heatshield and the exhaust tube and widen all the gaps.thats it, folks.

• 1 month later...
can some one please enlighten us to what this tsb covers.... ie, what is causing the porblem, and wat the actual fix is , please...

thanks....

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THAT HOWLING NOISE IS EVER SINCE I BOUGHT MY JOURNEY AND NO ONE COULD ANSWER ME UNTIL NOW. THANKS I WILL TRY THE SCREWDRIVER TRICK TOMORROW AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS. THANKS AGAIN - JIM