Distortion Through USB, CD player, AUX

Got 2012 SXT and get distortion through my USB/CD and AUX. It happens if use a USB stick an ipod or just a reg CD. Problem is it is not consistant some songs are great and others horrible. Dealer has checked it and says there is nothing wrong. I can't blame them as it isnt a consistant problem.

ANy ideas?

Hi JessiT

I get it through all mediums and inputs except the radio so It must be a firmware issue. I have an older ipod that wont even work through the USB. They said only the new ones work and that was there excuse not to do anything. Then I noticed I get it through a USB stick and even CD. The kicker it is not consistent yet the songs that do it always do it and the ones that don't never do.

After you take yours in kindly let me know what you find out and I shall do the same.

Happy Driving

Keith

The first thing I would check is the quality of your music files. If you are like me, you get music from a variety of sources with a variety of differing file qualities. It may be something as simple as the file quality. Check the distorted songs to see if there is a pattern of file size. Good luck.

Peace.

The first thing I would check is the quality of your music files. If you are like me, you get music from a variety of sources with a variety of differing file qualities. It may be something as simple as the file quality. Check the distorted songs to see if there is a pattern of file size. Good luck.

Peace.

This makes sense- good post!

• Official Dodge Support

gradoman,

Lots of good ideas already on this topic, sure is puzzling however. I could understand the USB and/or I pod/Aux causing static however if you're using store-bought CDs and these are still causing static then me too, questioning if there is something wrong with the sound system in your DJ.

- Did you try different CD's?

- Try a different mp3 player/Ipod/USB stick?

Try unplugging and aftermarket accessories you may have (car phone charger, GPS, etc.)

Do the same songs that give you static in the DJ do that through other devices? Computer? on your phone? CD player?

If we rule most of this out and it's still happening, might be time to send the DJ back to the dealer, check for updates, contact engineering, etc, etc.

Let us know how you make out!

I have tried different sources it still does it. As far as file quality goes some are store bought CDs some were itunes purchases some are my own CD's. I had it in to the dealer it was fine for a week now its back. I can't find any consistency or pattern to it. Was wondering what others have done that had this issue as I thougth that might help me

I suggest you find some files that are definitely distorted, some that are clear, and put those one some portable media (iPod or USB stick). Play it in your DJ and compare the sound to another new DJ as well as other vehicles with the same stereo system (charger) side by side at the dealership. I would demonstrate the difference to the service manager before repair and demo the sound with the service manager after the repair to confirm that the problem was solved. Good Luck.

Please post an update.

Peace.

I have had this issue as well and i first thought it was just a bad MP3 but when i play back suspecting songs on any other device, there is no distortion. Then the distortion appeared when listening to a hockey game via internet radio/USB. Every time a goal was scored the sudden rise in levels caused the distortion. i tried the same feed through a set of powered speakers and it was fine.

Perhaps i will gather some offending songs on an SD card and see how other DJ's handle the files