Anyone tried this hitch?

davidlb512

Hidden Hitch is a good hitch. I went with a Curt Hitch (#13335) from Hitch Depot USA. I notice the Hidden Hitch is mounted with 4 bolts. The Curt Hitch is mounted in 6 places. May be worth the consideration of the extra 2 bolts. Installation was easy. Hardest part was getting at and releasing the rubber muffler hangers to drop the exhaust. Fit and alignment was perfect. Cost was reasonable and very quick delivery. And for us Canadians, free delivery out of Toronto so no customs broker fees.

Just my 2 bits worth. Won't go wrong either way.

I put on the same hitch as "wingit11" and it has been a great hitch. You don't see much of it under the bumber and it installed with the help of a neighbour in just over an hour. And like the comments above...the hardest part of the installation was dropping the exhaust.

So the old will fit the new?

Maybe I will remove mine off my 09 RT and do what you are doing

Thanks

According to the listing at Hitch Depot USA it is the same part number for all years. Will definitely know this weekend when I install it.

So the old will fit the new?

Maybe I will remove mine off my 09 RT and do what you are doing

Thanks

larryl........Just finished installing the new wire harness and the hitch that I dropped off of my '09 DJ. Bolted up on my new 2013 DJ Crew perfectly with no issues. Toughest part was dropping the exhaust system as I knew it would be. No issues with wire harness. plugged the trailer in and all lights worked as they should. No need to have dealer flash it as I understand some had to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I just finished installing the Curt Hitch 13335 which I understand is designed to fit my 2013 Dodge Journey SXT. Like everyone else, getting those darn exhaust hangers off was a pain, even with the exhaust hanger removal tool. The tow hitch, however, went on rather smoothly. HOWEVER, when I replaced the spare tire I noticed that the back of the hitch (center part which faces towards the front of the car) interfered with raising the spare tire into position. I had to jam the tire over the rear of the hitch and it is now sitting at an angle of about 15 degrees under the car. Like a previous poster, I got the hitch primarily for my dual bike carrier and we went bike riding at the beach today with no apparent noises or problems driving the car, even on the freeway. I'm going to call Dodge and the hitch manufacturer tomorrow to inquire about this, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem with the Curt 13335 tow hitch on their Journey.