2012 DJ SXT with new hood and window deflectors

Here are some new pics of our 2012 DJ SXT V6. Just finished adding the WeatherTech hood deflector and had added the WeatherTech window deflectors just prior to Christmas (front only). Really like the look of the wrap around hood deflector vs. the OEM that stops at the hood line. The window deflectors are awesome - they just snap into place. No double sided tape anywhere. They are an absolute requirement on the DJ due to the way the windshield meets the pillar. When it's raining and you put the wipers on, water just pours into the interior - not anymore :whew:

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics - have any questions, ask away.

2013-01-06123550_zps307990bb.jpg

2013-01-06123431_zps7ca2f424.jpg

2013-01-06123531_zps678dd48d.jpg

2013-01-06123455_zpsbee1723e.jpg

2013-01-04160557_zps99378c97.jpg

Previous to the new Hood Deflector...

2013-01-04160548_zps24a37a6e.jpg

That looks great. The hood and window deflectors are my list as well. I already have the WeatherTech floor mats. I'm also thinking about the mud flaps for the front, but Weathertech doesn't have them for the Journey. Are your mud flaps Mopars?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rolly" data-cid="25448" data-time="1357506141"><p>

That looks great. The hood and window deflectors are my list as well. I already have the WeatherTech floor mats. I'm also thinking about the mud flaps for the front, but Weathertech doesn't have them for the Journey. Are your mud flaps Mopars?</p></blockquote>

Ya Rolly, the mud flaps are Mopar. Injection molded with the DODGE logo. Fronts fit perfect, rears fit good with hard push when putting the clips and screws in. I don't think they kept up with the rear end changes and are still selling 2010's as 2012's. But overall I'm happy with them.

Edited by Rubberdude88

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Next I think Romik running boards in black diamond plate. Saving :) The red is in Tri-coat Pearl so it really has a nice sheen to it. Were really happy with it - our first Dodge ever. Always been a GM family. Thanks again for the nice comments. Cheers.

Edited by Rubberdude88

I checked out the Romik running boards as well. I was a little concerned that the footprint might be a little narrow, so I was glad to see they have extensions to add some width. I like the black also, I think it will look sharp. Are you going to install them yourself? I got a price of $540.00 installed. I just got notified that my WeatherTech bug deflector and window deflectors have been shipped. Should get them tomorrow. Except for the colour our journeys are almost identical - mine is copper pearl coat.

Hey Rolly, I was going to attempt the install myself but I want it done right so may pay the 1.5 hours for install. The Weathertech hood deflector comes with their logo and phone # painted on the drivers side in white - looks like s*it. I used a little bit of nail polish remover and it came right off. Just FYI.

2013-01-05132212-1_zps3b92bdde.jpg

Edited by Rubberdude88

Ebay. If you need the seller name, let me know and thanks - I like it too unless I'm sitting beside a Ram or a Charger with a Hemi LOL

Sure let me know, if others want to know he can post it here, I'm sure the original seller would be happy with the free advertising, if not just PM me.

Thanks

Terry

Hey Rolly, I was going to attempt the install myself but I want it done right so may pay the 1.5 hours for install. The Weathertech hood deflector comes with their logo and phone # painted on the drivers side in white - looks like s*it. I used a little bit of nail polish remover and it came right off. Just FYI.

2013-01-05132212-1_zps3b92bdde.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the nail polish remover. My deflectors came in today. You're right that logo and phone number looks like sh*t!

I really like the deflector and the way it wraps around. Its to bad when I ordered my Journey, that they didn't have a red tri-coat pearl on the lot so we could have compared to our Grand Caravan that was "inferno" red. I might have ordered the same colour as your Journey.

Looks like the front window deflectors are going on my want list for this year. They also look great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I like how the deflectors look been looking at picking some up and your pictures just solidified my decision, now to start saving.

I have both the front hood air deflector and the sunroof air deflector in a smoked colour and I put "chrome" edging around it, a forum member (wish I could remember his name) mentioned he got a chrome one which I would imagine looks very good.

Terry

146733255.jpg