Front and Rear Splash Guards for 2012 AVP

yaupon3

At autotrucktoys.com, they offer MOPAR OEM splash guards #M82210996 front and #M82210997 rear for 2012 Journey. I have owned my 2012 AVP for only 5 days so I am at the beginning of my Journey's journey. I was hoping to add these to my vehicle. I have seen some postings stating that only front splash guards are available for the 2012-2013 models. Anyone have experience with this issue. Check out the items and let me know what you think..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, too, went with the Mopar version... This eBay Dodge dealer lists them for '11-12 all models and in "added" information, indicates that it will also fit the '13s.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120914739014?item=120914739014&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:3160&vxp=mtr

Still waiting on them to come (ordered them a few days ago; they've been shipped, but, still in transit). Using their site as a guide, the '11-'13 model years are the same wheel well dimensions.

I got my dealer to install both front and rear mudguards when I picked up the car. It is a 2010 but I am sure they are all the same.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Terry, it is my understanding that there were minor modifications done to the rear bumper area for 2011+. I ordered my mudflaps from Mopar and the fronts fit perfectly but the rears don't. They do fit but you do have to manipulate them as you screw them in. I did send an email to Mopar and the response was that "maybe I had the front and the rear mixed up or I installed them incorrectly". Neither was correct and I was a wee bit insulted but it is there first response email and I understand that maybe this does happen. I used a bit of force when applying the rears as I put the screws in and they look fine - level and tight to body. I am happy and didn't take it any further with Mopar.

Maybe DodgeCares can shed some light on this but for sure there was a change to the rear end. They are still selling the 10's for the 11's, 12's and 13's so unless they get many fitment issue complaints, I doubt they will change the mold.

Based on the website I bought mine from, there is a difference between the '10 and the '11 and newer dimensions. The website I posted listed a fitment for '11-'12 and tacked on the '13 "unofficially". No mention of them fitting the '10s, in fact, if you try to put in the 2010 model, it tells you that it won't fit. Evidently, they did make a dimensional change between 2010 and 2011 model years however slight it may have been. I'll know more about them when they arrive.

Edited by webslave

• Official Dodge Support

The link below is from the Mopar website for the rear splash guards. Under applications it shows SXT for 09-10 but does not list SXT for later years.

http://www.mopar.com/part/82210997AB?s=316978&i=2206364&b=dodge

Edited by DodgeCares

From the King's dealership (eBay Merchant) posting (where I ordered my front and rears; my dealership didn't have a listing for the rears, just like the Mopar site):

"This auction is for (1) set of 82210996AB front and (1) set of 82212865 rear molded splash guards for all 4 wheels.

Application is for 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet, RT, Crew, and LUX, all 2012 - 2013 Dodge Journey models."

King's did have a part # listed for the rears: 82212865, but, putting that in on the Mopar's site search comes up blank...but, a general search on the part number yields (at the Mopar site):

http://www.mopar.com/part/82212865?s=335635&i=1995069&b=dodge

Which shows they (that part #) do fit the 2011-12 (and probably '13 models).

Well, the splash guards arrived and I got around to installing them today, sheesh 55 degrees outside in the middle of January while the southwest is freezing...

Perfect fit, front and rear on my '13 R/T. Took me a couple of hours, but, only about 45 minutes of real work, the rest of the time I was just "puttering" and "looking" at the mechanicals of the car.

Part number #82210996AB, for the front, fitting 2011-2013 Dodge Journeys were easiest to put on.

Part number #82212865, for the rear, fitting 2011-2013 Dodge Journeys were also easy, but, not as easy as the fronts. I finally gave up trying to get the clip nuts onto the wheel well shield and just used them as nuts for the screws. Easy to reach the screws from underneath and didn't require any swear words (I recently was diagnosed with RA and the fingers don't work like they used to, leading to lots of swearing as I adjust to my "new range {read lack} of mobility")!

So, for those of you that have a 2011-2013 Dodge Journey, those are the appropriate part numbers for the molded splash shields from Mopar. Perfect fit and they really look sharp. We use a lot of "anti-skid" cinders in our area and they should prevent the sandpaper effect of them being thrown against the undercarriage and rocker panels. I'll have to see if they have any effect on the spray kicked up onto the back of the Journey the next time it rains/snows. I doubt if it will make much of a difference, but, I can always hope!

Edited by webslave

• 2 years later...

I thought that I might have trouble installing the front ones on my Crossroad, because of the platinum strip running below the doors. Ordered a set from my dealer, and had them install them. The leading edge of the plastic strip below the doors is the same for all DJs.

• 3 weeks later...

Please people search for items on this board and/or do some research, many of the items have been posted especially for common items.

These are the OEM splashguards & part numbers for our Journey's, (I know this because I work for the company that makes these). I have posted this before.

Maybe this should be pinned.

See post: http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/topic/5595-oem-molded-splashguardsmopar-part-numbers/

Re-post of content here:

OEM splashguards supplied through the dealer and/or Mopar stores, sold in pairs:

Front pair SGs, all years (2009 to present): 82210996AB

Rear pair SGs (2009 to 2011): 82210997AB (Rear bumper with NO reflector in the lower fascia, all body color)

Rear pair SGs (2012 to present): 822122865 (Rear bumper WITH the reflector in lower fascia, black color lower portion)