2013 R/T AWD - Navigation not working

Well, yes and no, the dealer is part of the problem, but that is only on a customer service point of view.

Chrysler/Dodge is responsible for design/manufacturing of the vehicles.

While parts are not directly manufactured by Chrysler/Dodge, in the end they are responsible.

I am just frustrated that a brand new car can have so many problems.

This is not the first new car I have owned, but this is the first NEW car I have ever owned with so many issues.

Is it a lemon, maybe.....

I could understand this with a 1st gen vehicle, but this is not the first year of production.

If Chrysler is aware of an issue with the Uconnect then you would think they would be fixing the issue and having the manufacturer bang them out in anticipation of demand for replacements!

Maybe I am crazy......lol

In the end it will get fixed, this rant is mainly in pure frustration of the situation.

man, after reading your story, it starts to bother me like crazy.

i just bought mine 3 days ago, 2013 journey r/t awd. i haven't had any problem yet, because i only drive 90 miles so far.

well, only thing i can do now is just pray...

good luck to you!

i just bought mine 3 days ago, 2013 journey r/t awd. i haven't had any problem yet, because i only drive 90 miles so far.

good luck to you!

Relax, enjoy your new Journey. Not everyone has had this problem. There are many Journey owners that have driven thousand of miles without problems. If you do run into problems, DodgeCares and DodgeCaresCa are very helpful as are other members of this forum. Congratulations on your new ride!

Edited by rolly

Relax, enjoy your new Journey. Not everyone has had this problem. There are many Journey owners that have driven thousand of miles without problems.

I agree with Rolly, not every Journey is a lemon, we only hear the horror stories and I certainly sympatize with them. I have had a 2010 Dodge Journey R/T AWD since August 2010 and I am very happy with it, sofar so good. I also have a very good repoire with my dealer which not everybody has so once again I certainly sympatize with them.

terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

is this nav system a problem on alot of 2013 and has it been fixed now. We have ordered a 2013 RT with the NAV system, it should be here within the month now, and hope we dont have to do the run around that has happened here. We have a 2010 and have never had a problem except the brakes needed to be replaced(im sure all of us have had to do this) so as a whole i am quite happy with the JOURNEY but a issue like this one would cause me to think about going somewhere else for my next car pruchase....

• Official Dodge Support

good luck to you!

If you or anyone else experiences a problem with their Journey that the dealership cannot resolve quickly I would suggest a call to the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center at one of the numbers below so they can get a Chrysler tech involved with solving the issue.

800-992-1997 United States

800-465-2001 Canada

• Official Dodge Support
Relax, enjoy your new Journey. Not everyone has had this problem. There are many Journey owners that have driven thousand of miles without problems. If you do run into problems, DodgeCares and DodgeCaresCa are very helpful as are other members of this forum. Congratulations on your new ride!

Rolly,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Chris and I are always to help as best we can and do appreciate everyone's feedback and willingness to help each other.

The loyalty seen here helps enforces the the work done by Chrysler in improving vehicle and customer care.

The loyalty seen here helps enforces the the work done by Chrysler in improving vehicle and customer care.

I for one, really appreciate Chis and Denny for being here, Other than PM'ing me a car build, fortunately I haven't had to use either one and obviously I hope that remains as long as I own my car. I am not so naive to understand that there isn't problems with these cars, I know ther is because there have been numerous instances where they have shown up. Chis and Denny have been very forthcoming with the help (or as much as they can do) necessary to rectify the problem. As an example, I think everyone understands the trailer hitch problem is Chrysler's not them. Don't think for a minute I don't sympathize (if that helps) with all of you. As such I truly hope that all the problems can be dealt with.

I was a GM person growing up, but because of the service that my small town dealer provides and the product Chrsler has produced, I have been a loyal customer to Chrysler for the past 25 years. This post is just my own thoughts, you are certainly entitled to disagree. I am not "sucking" up to Chis and Denny, just my own opinion.

Terry

@joj5000: I cannot speak with authority, but my understanding is that my navigation issue was a manufacturing defect that affected a number of units. It is a known issue by both Chrysler and the manufacturer and to my knowledge has been resolved. The second issue, Sirius radio not working, is not common and as far as I know I am one of few to experience it.

So like the other guys said, don’t worry, all should be fine. I think the Journey is an average SUV with a lot of good qualities. For the price point it’s hard to beat. We looked at everything else out there and you can buy any number of vehicles for the same money, the difference is what you get for that money. It comes down to what is important to you. We wanted AWD, NAV, back up camera, and a sunroof. The rest didn’t really matter. (oh, and the wife really wanted it to be white) These options are available on any number of other vehicles, just not for the price we paid for the Journey.

The biggest issue I have had, aside from the faulty head unit, is the slow response to the problem. My understanding is the parts are available, but Chrysler does not seem in a hurry to get them to the west coast.

I don’t believe this is under my dealers control, as I believe they are at the mercy of Chrysler Canada in terms of shipping inventory to them. I have been told the part is on its way from the East Coast, which takes 3 weeks.

Not sure how that adds up as I can ship all sorts of things from the East Coast much more quickly.

If I had a customer who bought a new product from me and there was an issue you would think I would work quickly to resolve the issue. Unless I am not being told the whole story, as in the parts are not available, then the delay would make more sense, but that is not what I have been told. I have a call into the dealer today to run a trace on the part to find out where it actually is.

So it is very frustrating as my Sirius subscription is going to waste as we cannot use it.

Again, I want to make it clear, this is in Chrysler Canada’s control and not my dealer. My dealer is doing all they can to get the parts.

• Official Dodge Support

In the U.S. any part that is on back-order and becomes available is shipped by the way it is ordered, not when the order came in. There are many different types of shipping methods, some are vendor ship direct, some must be sent for packaging first, some are relabeled because a core must come back, etc. But how the part is ordered determines who will get the parts first. If it is a daily order the part gets shipped ground usually by UPS after all special handling and VOR orders are filled. If a part is ordered special handling they are shipped as soon as all VOR orders are filled and usually go 2-3 day delivery time depending on the size. VOR or vehicle off road orders are given priority and are shipped for next day delivery. So the way a dealer orders a part can definitely have a effect on when it is delivered. Especially if only a limited number of parts become available. If you are sitting on a special handling order and there are 100 VOR's out there and 90 parts are shipped by the vendor, the last 10 VOR's and all the other orders will not get filled.

Also, when a vendor ships parts, they can take up to 60 days just to arrive in the U.S. if they are being sent from overseas via boat. So if the part shows that the vendor has shipped the parts it makes a big difference from what part of the world it is coming from as to how long before delivery.

I understand and sympathize with your having to wait for your radio to be delivered but I wanted everyone to understand that there are many factors that go into when a back-ordered part is delivered and who gets them first, as it works in the U.S. anyway.

Edited by DodgeCares