First problem

Mopar54

So, I've just passed 10,000 miles and for the last week or two I've noticed a problem developing.

At 70+mph I hear a rattling in the center stack. It feels as if the trim around the radio is a bit loose. It rattles at highway speeds. I know its the source of the sound because if I hold it in place with my hand, the sound goes away.

I hope to get into the dealership this week to get it tightened down. Will keep the board posted with the service etc.

John

I also have the same noise. I only noticed it during my trip while cruising between 110 - 120 km/h. It almost sounds like wind blowing across something causing it to vibrate.

I will look into it when I get home.

Rick.

yes, i am also trying to identify upper middle dashboard highway speed rattle .

I also have the same noise. I only noticed it during my trip while cruising between 110 - 120 km/h. It almost sounds like wind blowing across something causing it to vibrate.

I will look into it when I get home.

Rick.

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD! I put 1000 highway miles on my Journey last week and had to listien to this F#$KING vibration sound the entire way. I couldn't get it to stop but I think I might have pinpointed the problem Just under the windshield wipers, there is a piece of black plastic that runs the width of the hood. It's like a strainer that keeps debris from getting down into the engine compartment. It's held in place by 4 plastic pegs that cannot bet tightened. They don't hold the strainer piece tightly and I think once you hit 55 and up MPH, the thing starts to vibrate. IT'S SOOO ANNOYING.

Xphyle

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a sound from the middle of the dashboard and cannot find from where it comes. It is strange beacuse it appears only last sunday. Like all of you, it is only at highway speed. If someone find from where it comes, please tell me!!!

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

I have that too and it is annoying as hell. I found 2 possible origin of those noise one is we you open your door and look in the crack you should be able to see a foam molded piece. it is actualy loose and at highway speed of a strong head wind it rattles. I also found the black plastic Xphyle mantionned above which rattles as well. I will tie them down and see what happens.

Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD! I put 1000 highway miles on my Journey last week and had to listien to this F#$KING vibration sound the entire way. I couldn't get it to stop but I think I might have pinpointed the problem Just under the windshield wipers, there is a piece of black plastic that runs the width of the hood. It's like a strainer that keeps debris from getting down into the engine compartment. It's held in place by 4 plastic pegs that cannot bet tightened. They don't hold the strainer piece tightly and I think once you hit 55 and up MPH, the thing starts to vibrate. IT'S SOOO ANNOYING.

Xphyle

I had that exact same peice of plastic under the wipers causing a vibration/hum at highway speeds. I pressed on the 4 plastic pegs and they seemed to pop back into place. The rattling must have loosened them. Haven't had the noise since.