Hate My 2010 Journey SXT

cfrank2010

Reasons why I have traded in my 2010 Journey SXT (31,500kms) for a non-Dodge/Chrysler vehicle

Full brake job at 19k

Heater fan burnt out (caught on fire)

power steering failure

radio replaced

Driving and had complete electrical fail (all instruments and a/c shut down)

Alarm randomly went off, put key in ignition and started the car and the alarm still continued. About 15 mins later I was able to somehow turn it off.

While all of these issues were covered by warranty, I could only imagine what costs would be involved once the warranty expired, shouldn't have these types of headaches with a new vehicle. Disgusted.

Top this off with poor service at the Dealership, typically a week and half wait times before getting an appointment, and I am done with this vehicle and Dodge/Chrysler.

• 3 weeks later...

We know the feeling. Front brakes at 19000 miles, back-up camera works 25% of time, transmission leak, broken wheel lug, broken cruise control lever, rear body panel keeps popping out, and both license plate bulbs burned out at less than 2 years. Have been waiting for over a week because no parts availabllity for something.

Reasons why I have traded in my 2010 Journey SXT (31,500kms) for a non-Dodge/Chrysler vehicle

Full brake job at 19k

Heater fan burnt out (caught on fire)

power steering failure

radio replaced

Driving and had complete electrical fail (all instruments and a/c shut down)

Alarm randomly went off, put key in ignition and started the car and the alarm still continued. About 15 mins later I was able to somehow turn it off.

While all of these issues were covered by warranty, I could only imagine what costs would be involved once the warranty expired, shouldn't have these types of headaches with a new vehicle. Disgusted.

Top this off with poor service at the Dealership, typically a week and half wait times before getting an appointment, and I am done with this vehicle and Dodge/Chrysler.

Sorry to see you guys having so many issues with your vehicles.

What did you end up getting if you dont mind me asking?I am probobly going to trade in the Journey next year that way I can pay off more of what i owe on this car and wont have to much negative equity.I also have the 2010 sxt and everything so far has been good apart from the crapy brakes.I did not purchase this car so I can fix brakes every freaking 9000 km.So yeah the brakes are the bigest let down on this vehicle and I am definetely not purchasing another Dodge that is for sure.

Hopefully your new car will treat you better than the DJ.

Edited by silentdan

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's a news flash. ALL models of ALL cars have their problems. Saying the Journey "sucks" is broad brushing it. If you went to a Mercedes forum I'm sure you'd get just as much negative feedback on all aspects. If you don't like it, fine, but don't expect to get the "perfect" ride no matter what you buy. That being said, if you have consistent problems with the car, like an earlier poster said, you bought a lemon and there are lemon laws to protect you. Good luck.

2013 w/ 19,560 miles. Trans has been clunking through every gear since day 1. Dodge says it's not clunking when it clearly is. They finally did a trans reflash and it still clunks. Whoda thunk that software won't fix a mechanical issue. Brakes are fine though and this is a company owned vehicle and it's driven pretty hard. Regardless, the trans in this vehicle is garbage.

Brakes are a given these days with manufacturers trying to reduce weight wherever they can. Our 09 had warped front rotors by 15k. The fronts were replaced under warranty and by 20k were warped again and the back brakes started giving issues as well. Knowing that returning to the dealer would result in more premature failure as they just replace factory junk with more factory junk, I decided to replace everything myself with quality aftermarket rotors and ceramic pads. When we traded it in last weekend it had 80,000 miles and never had any more brake trouble after I replaced the factory junk.

During the 5 years we owned it, besides the brakes, the only other issues were the door switch recall,(no charge) and the ac compressor went out and an alternator failed. All covered by an extended warranty we purchased, which paid for itself. I consider these issues normal and not out of the ordinary maintenance/repair items on a vehicle approaching 100,000 miles. We were very happy with the 09, aside from the anemic engine. It never left us stranded. That played a big part in our decision to get another one. First time we have ever traded for the same model. All vehicle manufacturers have some flaw in one form or another. Bashing an entire product line because of one bad model experience is not fair.