1yr and 27,000 miles and still loving my journey

2late4u

just got back from a 2month,5200 mile trip from alabama to las vegas and took the long way home thur kansas and missouri and kentucky. no problems with the journey and avg. 23-24 going out to vegas due to the wind and elavation and on the way back got about 28-30 till i got into kentucky then started avging about 23-24 again. of course this was driving interstate rds.doing about 75mph. seen alot of great country side and almost got a ticket in texas after stopping in a small town for a dairy queen and started back off and didnt realize i was doing 45mph in a 30 mph zone,with the car rideing so smooth and with the pentastar engine so strong it is easy to get a ticket lucky the city cop took it easy on me and said to slow it down,(WHEW) noticed when you are going into a speed zone and you cut off the cruise control the car just seems to coast along without slowing down like my other vans did,guess that is the 6 speed tranny doing its thing have to be carefull going into small towns that have speed zones from 65 to 30 in a short distance. i did have my brakes rotors checked when the car had about 10k and the dealer turned them and i do seem to notice that with about 27k on the speedo i am starting to notice a slight shuddering again when brakeing from a high speed or going down steep hills so will have to have the dealer take a look at the rotors again think ill tell them that if they need turning again to see if chrysler will replace them as it would be the 2nd time to be turned, other then hat i have been well pleased my my 2011 mainstreet and would recomened this car to anyone that is thinking of getting one.

great to hear it's going well, other than the brakes. And yeah, it's very easy to get carried away with the speed as you just don't feel it; the wife just got a ticket for doing 50 in a 30 (80Km/h in a 50Km/h) zone in the city, which is so unlike her. the cop still gave her a ticket, but put her down as being just slightly over the limit to avoid a point and insurance hit. the really sucky part is that she went through a known speed trap to boot.

" i am starting to notice a slight shuddering again when brakeing from a high speed or going down steep hills"

I tend to use Manual mode when do these particular things

as it easier on the brakes overall.

I have had my first warranty claim on the brakes however,

a woman sailed thru a red light smack in front of me and

had to slam/lockup the brakes to avoid broadsiding her.

It completely messed up the driver front rotor as it had a huge

blurred/burned ring after.

The dealer replaced pads and rotor under warranty the rest

were alright and look normal.

Long story shortened is that I brake lightly and gear down

whenever I can.

Sounds like you had one very nice trip. I've now had my Journey a month and am very happy with my choice. I know what you mean about penastar engine. Just the other day, I was on the freeway, in the "slow lane" cruising along at 110km(68 mph), speed limit is 100km(62 mph. I came up to some slower traffic, so did a shoulder check and changed lanes to go around the traffic, about 10 cars. By the time I got past them, I was over 130 km(80 mph). Wow, it just picked up speed so smoothly, I wasn't aware I was going that fast.