What type of 20A fuse?

You would think any Dodge dealer would stock

the fuse but be prepared to pay top price.

Ebay or a local automotive supply if you have

access to more than one would seem to be the next

logical step.

Pep or NAPA autoparts.

• 2 months later...

Yes you would think that the dealer would have them, but you'd be wrong. Also, don't expect them to diagnose a fuse issue properly either! My wife just took her 2012 Journey in because the 12v adaptors in the arm rest weren't working. I was having trouble finding the fuse box, so I told her to take it to the dealer to show her where it was when they changed it. They came back saying it was a wiring issue and would take at least 2 hours to fix. Also told her that the only fuse box was under the hood. Well that helped me get the incentive to look for the fuse box and find it(below glove box). I also identified the culprit fuse, which was different (smaller) than any I had seen before.

So, I took the fuse in to the dealer only to find out that they didn't have it it stock. He ended up taking one out of one on the lot. The mechanic's coworker tried to explain that the computer with the tech specs had been down earlier, that's why he didn't know about the fuse box under the glove box.

The dealer just gave me the fuse, partly because it's still under warranty and partly because of embarrassment.

In 11 they went to a different fuse style. At this point can probably only get them at a dealer. As changing fuses isn't a common thing, I know we got caught on the first one awhile back, and also had to steal one from a stock vehicle. This was done to save space in the fuse boxes/keep sizing small. There ARE spares in the fuse box.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I also have trouble with my fusebox. I don't have power for both my cigarette lighter and the trunk outlet. I know that the fusebox is under the gloves compartment, but I can’t see it. What do I have to do to get to it? I hope I don’t have to take all my car apart… Can somebody please put here some pictures and detailed instructions of how to get to it to replace a fuse? And I also saw under the glovebox, near the center column, something like a handle that clicks. What is that doing, because it seems it does nothing…

I totally agree with a comment here about who designed this. I definitely wouldn’t hire such persons to work for me. Fuses are meant to blow to protect something, so it must be easy to replace them, without going to a service station. What if I am on the road??

Thank you,

Liviu

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

20Amp Yellow fuses in Dodge Journey 2012.

I have run into this problem as well.

Basically the 20Amp Yellow is not a common fuse. If you go to AutoZone they do have a 20Amp yellow that fits, but it is only sold in a pack with other fuses in it... I think it runs about $5.00

The route I took when mine burnt out on my cigar lighter was to take one from the spare. Also, locate a fuse that you are not using. I pulled the 20Amp from my heated seat, because I don't even have heated seats, but there was a fuse in that place.

Also, the location of the fuse box is under the airbag of the front passenger. You do not have to take the glove box off ( even though it is easy to do). If you get a flashlight and kneel on the ground with the passenger door open, pull the carpet down, you will see a black box. Take the lid off and you can access the fuses..... The fuse locations is on that black lid...

There is also a fuse box under the hood on the driver side... this box has fuses for the starter and other things to that nature... not electrical for the inside.

Hope this helps, let me know if i can help out with anything else.

Shea

Yeah, for some stupid reason they went to MICRO2 Fuses on this vehicle. Just found that out the other day when my phone charger jacks lost power.

They are hard to find fuses...my autozone didn't have them. I had to order them on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HFNEUZG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1JWY71SHQ82FV&coliid=I1BC38REZTUJZB