4900 Km trip Ontario to Cape Breton...See Facts....

caperinmuskoka

Well I took a trip home to visit family and friends last week Total trip was 4901.8 KM Spent $638.50 in gas and went through 495.821 L of Reg.unleaded fuel.

Works out to be 10.12L/100 Km......although the message center showed 8.9L/100KM on the whole trip..............So you can't depend on the on-board reading to be 100% correct.

So when you do the Liters over to Imp. Gal.this is what I got....

10.12L=2.226 Imp Gal.

100Km=62.138 miles....

So you get 27.9146 miles/Imp Gal for entire trip.

This value includes the whole trip including 110Km speed postings in N.B and N.S

Along with the steep climbs around the Cabot Trail, if anybody was there ,you know what I mean.

Also had 3 adults and one child ,back full of luggage.

Journey was a 2012 R/T AWD with 12000 Km on it when we left and fresh oil change....

Thought some of you may want to see my findings, ...I did track all the gas stops and liters ,for the main reason to post the finding here for you members to view.

28 miles to the gal. is pretty good in my view ...and reading some of the other fuel mileage postings on here where drivers are getting very poor readings.........Makes you kind of wonder!!!!!!!!.....Hummmmmmm!!!!

Bye for now....Caper........

• 3 weeks later...

I have had my Journey R/T (5 seater) for two weeks now and have filled it up 3 times. Each time I was about 1/2 a tank, but when I see fuel at a lower price, I stop and fill.

Please note that any figures in MPG were measured in US gallons and not Imperial gallons, for our friends in the US.

The EVIC was a bit more optimistic in regards to l/100km then what the actual mileage was. The first fill, showed 12.4l/100km (18 mpg) actual was 13.0/100km (19.12 mpg). Vehicle had 40km on it when I picked it up and filled it for the first time. Driving was 40% city 60% rural roads(no freeway driving or speeds over 80km (50mph)

Second fill showed 11.4l/100km (20.6 mpg) on the EVIC, actual mileage was 12.0l/100km(19.6 mpg) Driving was 35% city, 65% rural and freeway. The initial 500km (300mi) break in period was surpassed so some freeway driving was included. Top speed 100km(60mph)

Third fill showed 10.9L/100km(21.6 mpg). Actual was 11.0L/100KM(21.3MPG). Driving was 30% city, 70% rural, not much freeway).

Considering I am currently breaking the vehicle in, I am not unhappy with the mileage.(but then again, I know the mileage isn't going to be that great compared to a smaller vehicle) I'm lucky that I live on the edge of town, only have to drive about 1.6km (1 mile) to the south or east and I am driving in rural areas, so city driving is usually not a significant amount unless Mrs DoubleO7 has me on shopping trips.

Edited by doubleO7

Started a trip from London Ontario Canada to new York city. Eco read 14.4L/100km. After 400 km with no ac running down to 8.3L/ 100km. Next 450 km with ac running and some stop and go traffic for about 100km it was up to 9.1L/100km. Not bad for the vehicle size. DJ 2010 sxt fwd