Vibration in Dashboard Speaker

lifeisajourney2009

I have a 2009 Dodge Journey R/T that I just purchased. When I'm driving and listening to the radio it works fine until I hit about 65mph. Then i hear a vibration that sounds like an Australian didgeridoo instrument (buzzing vibration).

(It's very annoying, but on the plus side has it has helped encourage me keep under the speed limit!)

I don't think it's a blown speaker, because when I'm sitting still, I can turn up the volume and I do not hear this sound. I think it might just be something loose with the speaker assembly that needs to be tightened. Is there any way to access the speaker? It looks like the speaker cover might be removable, but I didn't want to try that without checking with someone first. Any other tips, tricks or things I should know?

thanks!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2013 sxt AWD and we live on a gravel road, there is a radle in the driver side of the dash. This has been going on for a while, now the dash is seperating from the driver side piler. Its starting to scare me... we have about 12,000 miles on the DJ and this is the only complaint I have. This is a great car. I'm just wondering if a screw or clip came loose in the dash and its coming a part, the gravle road we live on is not smooth at all. I'm sure it's a easy fix I hope :)

Edited by Trains123