Audio Install Complete

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any advice/pictures on how to remove the dash pieces to get to the factory deck? I have a dead REQ radio, called Chrysler North America and they said they won't do anything to help me fix/replace it. So any help or advice would be great.

just pull the dash around the radio and a/c all the way up to the bin on top...a/c connection cord should be there so be careful not to yank at it too hard...it does disconnect....its a double din radio...you can find them off ebay from about 200 bucks....or buy aftermarket depending on your configuration.

Ok, so there are no screws or anything else to worry about? it just snaps off?

just pull the dash around the radio and a/c all the way up to the bin on top...a/c connection cord should be there so be careful not to yank at it too hard...it does disconnect....its a double din radio...you can find them off ebay from about 200 bucks....or buy aftermarket depending on your configuration.

• 6 years later...

Had my buddy/installer do a little mod to my Journey. Big thanks to Jeff at Bestbuy in Kingston, Ont. Sounds phenomonal!!!

Headunit: Kenwood 7120 with Navigation

Front Speakers: JBL GTI 6.5" Mids and tweeters

Rear Speakers: JBL Power series 6.5"

Front/Rear amp: JBL PX300.4

Subwoofer: JBL Power series 12" (Custom vented enclosure)

Sub amp: JBL BPX1100.1

Stinger wiring throughout.

Headunit:

JourneyPics012.jpg

Cargo Area:

Hatchview1.jpg

Cargo Area (stealth):

Hatchview4.jpg

Amps:

JourneyPics005.jpg

Amps/Jack:

JourneyPics007.jpg

DO ALL THE 2016 JOURNEY HAVE THIS MUCH SPACE? MINE ONLY SEEMS TO HAVE A LITTLE COMPARTMENT FOR THE SPARE.