2012 Journey SXT under storage passenger seat

D-BesT

Not all the SXT models would have the Flip N Stow seats. It would be an option. They are standard on the Crew and the R/T. They also fold down flat for longer loads.

page 254 of the 2012 owners manual shows where the loop should be. Basically at the back of the bottom cushion.

I would show you on mine, but the dealer can't find it.

So i am still waiting.

My SXT has it under the front passenger seat - there's a very obvious loop to pull on. Here's how it reads on my build sheet

CVGP Passenger in Seat Cushion Storage

If I'm interpreting my build sheet correctly, it's part of the Convenience Group option package. I like it - I keep my winter hat and gloves there for when I go hiking or walking.

only on the front pass. seat on my......(2012 R/T with leather).....loop sticks out like a sore thumb.........can't miis it.....caper.....

When I was looking at a Journey in the show room, I noticed that the loop was very visible. I just tucked the majority of the loop inside the slit between the cushion and seatback, and it became much less visible, and I was still able to get the seat open when I tugged on it as the loop came back out without any problem.

I read somewhere in some Dodge Advertising that its big enought to store a laptop computer in there. Since its non locking, its really only good for things like JaySixpeedrt mentions.

Since my Journey R/T hasn't arrived yet, can anybody tell me if there is any lockable storage for things like insursance papers available? I have to admit I forgot to ask about that when I was looking at the Journeys on the lot.

Yes I just checked my now.....It has a lock on the pass. side glove box.

arm rest lifts up and has storage there.

There are two storage areas in the back under the floor mats that have pull-out liners for ice that's melts(coolers)

On some models there ia a pocket on the back side of the drivers seat with two hooks to keep shopping bags up-right.

....How many Journey owners knew what those hooks were for?....LOL....

And pocket in front of the two front cup-holders for small items....

Hope that helps.....

Also have a rechargable LED flashlight in the left side of the inside rear hatch that will keep charged in the holder......

,...........Caper........

Edited by caperinmuskoka