New Dodge Journey on order

doubleO7

I ordered a 2012 Dodge Journey RT AWD at the beginning of February, so am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I was told delivery may be around 10 weeks, but I see other having to wait 12 and 13 weeks, so I guess I will have to be patient.

I ordered the vehicle in Storm Grey with black interior, 8.4 in screen with Nav, and Sunroof. Not needing the third seat, I was glad I was not forced to take it, like so many other manufacturers require. I specifically waited for the 8.4 in sreen to become available, so checked in the the sales person I first talked to and he said he would inform me when the larger screen became available. Glad I waited.

This is my 4th Chrysler/Dodge product since 1988: 1986 Chrysler LaBaron, 1996 Plymouth Voyager, 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan and now the 2012 Journey RT.

I am looking forward to participating in this forum.

Welcome Double07

It seems the orders in Nov averaged about 10 weeks. Orders in Dec slowed to 12-13 weeks. I am not sure what slowdown was. Sales were up or they were making more Fiat 500's.

You might find VOTS which is an order tracking system. Don't waste your time. It does not work for Canadian orders. Call customer care, and they can't tell you anything either. The only tracking you will have is by calling your dealer. They are the only ones that can track your order.

My 2012 is built and shipped the ETA is march 6th. Which is just over 12 weeks to Hamilton Ont from the order date.

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the dealer today to see the status of the vehicle. I was informed that it is in the build stage at this point, and the anticapted arrival date at the dealer is about 8 weeks. So that makes it around the beginning of May. Since I ordered the first week of Feb., so that makes it around 12 weeks, about what others are reporting.

Interesting note, I saw a new Dodge Journey XT on the lot and the Dodge logo on the front had two horizontal red bars. Looked very cool. The salesperson I have been dealing with, says that this is the new logo for Dodge. I saw the same logo on a Charger a few days earlier, so my new Journey will have the logo, I hope yours does too.

to give u a time line, I ordered back on Dec 27, called in on february 4th to find my vehicle was in D1, it took an additional 21 days to arrive to arrive to Toronto. My vehicle was completed assembly on Feb 9th and shipped on the same day (appearantly). Arrived Feb 29th. Congrats on ur order. You will love the smoothness of the ride.

Edited by D-BesT

Mine should have the same Dodge logo. I seen them today on some that arrived at the dealer.

Mine was ordered Dec 9th. It was built Feb 13 th, It did not get on the train the same day. The ETA to the dealer was today,

The wait is killing me. 12 1/2 weeks and still waiting.

Oh but the wait is certainly worth it. :) I've had mine for about 5 weeks now and i have no complaints. It's amazing that i can get 5 people and camping gear in without breakign a sweat. :)

Mine should have the same Dodge logo. I seen them today on some that arrived at the dealer.

Mine was ordered Dec 9th. It was built Feb 13 th, It did not get on the train the same day. The ETA to the dealer was today,

The wait is killing me. 12 1/2 weeks and still waiting.

Rub it in.

I knew I should have bought it in Toronto. Apparently Toronto is about 5 weeks closer than Hamilton. At least according to Dodge's delivery schedule.

Funny part is it likely has been in Toronto for awhile.

If only I knew where.......

My 2012 R/T bought in Canada .......has no two red strips after the front logo...........Bought in Nov/2011..........Also don't have the 8.4 " screen .........But the wife drives it anyway.....LOL.......Hope they change the red stips in the logo after my build..............Or you will be disappointed............Caper...........

It will be interesting to see how long it actually takes to get to the West Coast. I would imagine that when the vehicle is shipped from Mexico, that it would end up at a distribution center somewhere in Ontario and then come by train to the West Coast.

Oh, wel the wait is giving me some time to get some things together before the R/T arrives. I have been in contact with a professional detailer who has given me advice on how to detail the vehicle myself and have ordered some high qualitydetailing products for the exterior and interior from a Canadian distributer in Ontario.

One thing that the detailer said was to feel the paint closely when it arrives and after the dealer preps the vehicle proir to delivery (not going with dealer paint protection package-to expensive and not worth it according to the professional detailer). If the paint feels rough then it has contaminents from being shipped a long distance. He suggested doing a clay barring as this safely removes the contaminents. Then seal the paint with a good sealant. The nice thing is I have an older Subaru where I can tell there is paint contamination, so I can detail it before tackling a new vehicle.

Apparently Toronto is the first stop for any orders coming to Canada.

Your Dealer should be able to give you the Build code that will tell you its last reported location.

Based on my order, I think it a week to get from the factory to Chicago, another week to get to Toronto, and another week to get out west. I forget who, but there is a member from Edmonton on this board that might be able to confirm shipping times out west.

FYI check out this list of build codes that can help you track your journey. It also has the benifit of impressing your dealer by knowing more then they do :)

http://www.dodgejourneyforum.com/index.php?/topic/25-order-status/

Rub it in.

I knew I should have bought it in Toronto. Apparently Toronto is about 5 weeks closer than Hamilton. At least according to Dodge's delivery schedule.

Funny part is it likely has been in Toronto for awhile.

If only I knew where.......

to give u a time line, I ordered back on Dec 27, called in on february 4th to find my vehicle was in D1, it took an additional 21 days to arrive to arrive to Toronto. My vehicle was completed assembly on Feb 9th and shipped on the same day (appearantly). Arrived Feb 29th. Congrats on ur order. You will love the smoothness of the ride.

Thanks Teambedlam

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, Thanks for the info on the build codes. I asked the sales person two weeks ago, what the build status was and he indicated it was at stage D. When I checked the link you posted, I see that it can be up to another 60 days before going to the next step. Think I will make another visit and get an update. I believe I read somewhere on the forum (will have to go through the forum again), if I get the VIN number I can track the process. Would be interested to see if I can do that.

Edited by doubleO7

Double07

Only the dealer can track Canadian orders. VOTS does not work on Canadian orders. Chrysler Canada can't tell you anything either.

I did pick up my 2012 Crew yesterday. It was well worth the wait. It took mine nearly 13 weeks to get to Hamilton.

air1afc

Thanks for the clarification. This is the first time I have factory ordered a vehicle, so the wait is really not the fun part of getting a new vehicle is it. If my sales rep is correct when I asked him two weeks ago, which was 5 weeks from the day I said "order me one", that it would be about another 8 weeks, looka like mine could be 13 ,but seeing that it is shipped to Ontaro first then to the west coast will most likely be longer.

Glad to hear it was worth the wait. Happy motoring and thanks again for taking the time to explain

Talked to customer rep at chrylser as my journey has been sitting in final inspection for two weeks. Turns out cars sometimes get selected for quality control checks and they comb over the car for an entire two weeks in checks. I guess it also has to do with getting every option as well, so they can check the build quality of it all out. I hope there is truth to this. Its bitter sweet.

I got a call from the salesperson at the Dealer where I ordered my Journey as they had just recieved one that was very close to what I ordered, the only difference was I ordered the trailer tow package, standard wheels. The one they recieved did not have the trailer tow package, but the optional chrome wheels. Close but no dice, so I asked my sales rep to check on my order. Two weeks ago it was just in build status and apparently that is where it sits, so the estimated arrival date is yet another 8 weeks away. so it looks like the total wait for the Journey is going to be about 14 weeks.

They are really trying to get me to get one sooner. They had a RT Rallye in the showroom, in bright red (which is one of the colours that the Mrs likes), and the sales manager was willing to give it to me at the negoiated price on the RT. It would have been a great deal, as the starting price on the Rallye is around $1100 more then the RT. But it had the third seat, which I absolutely do not want, and no trailer tow package, which I absolutely want. So I will just have to stay the course and wait it out. Must admit though I am getting anxious, as I am planning a driving trip in May, and would like to have the vehicle with enough time to do the engine break in before going on a long trip.

Paul, its kind of neat that your vehicle is going through the quality control test, especially if it passes on first go round. Bummer though if it fails somewhere along the line, thereby increasing your wait.

Edited by doubleO7

Don't get your hopes up with the trailer tow prep package(read my post under towing section) If you plan to tow in May good luck to you. Did you order a hitch and wiring harness yet?.............Make sure the send the power to the 4-pin trailer plug also.

Trailer tow prep package just includes from the dealer a oil cooler, and fuse and wiring "READY" to use with no 12 volts there yet!............Caper.......

Thanks for your heads up, I wasn't aware that if I got the factory the hitch, that it was vertical. I was aware what the trailer tow package "included" as I had ordered the trailer tow package for my Van back in 2001. I didn't think that I would get much more for the price they were charging. I read your post under towing section.

Thankfully, my salesperson suggested that I not go with the factory hitch, now I know why. He suggested a couple of places where I can get a hitch installed. I didn't get the hitch on my current vehicle from the dealer either.

As for towing, I wouldn't be towing in May. I wouldn't start towing until engine is broken in properly. I have a small utility trailer for picking up landscaping/ fencing supplies, and of course a bike rack.

The factory hitch is hidden quite a bit compared to a aftermarket one.........Thats way I went factory..................................With the R/T and duel exhaust and also the Wife's everyday ride....I thought I would do her a favor and keep the look on the back of the Journey.....I seen a aftermarket one on a 2011 Journey SXT from a guy I work with before I make my choice....Caper.....

• 1 month later...

Well today is day number 100 since I ordered the Journey. My roadtrip is in 7 days. Would hate for the Journey to arrive just before road trip as I wouldn't have time for "break in preriod". Looks like a trip Monday to talk to the salesperson and tell him to put some heat on the person who tracks the orders to give more concise answer to my question as to where is it? If its on a rail car, is it still sitting at the factory? He should be able to tell me more then it'll be here in May, like he did two weeks ago. Well we are almost half way through May.

I may cancel the road trip until early June, as it only a road trip to visit my sister. She's OK, with whatever fits.

As for the trailer hitch, I won't be needing it on the road trip, so I can investigate further as to what hitch looks/works better for me. I have already inquired at the dealeship and the person in the parts department said that they have to cut the bumper and then put some molding around the edge of the cutout. I would want to see ths application on another Journey before decding on a factory install. Caper, did the one you get require the bumper to be cut? If not what brand is your hitch?

DoubleO7

Yes I have a Mopar(Dodge) factory hitch ....and they did need to cut out the bumber I bit...........Still looks alot better than the 2011 Crew my buddy has at work with a aftermarket hitch........The 2" hitch sticks out alot more on the aftermarket one.

However the Factory installed/bought hitch is a vertical type the 2" opening is facing up instead of out like a normal hitch, This IMO, is still better even with the bumper cut, However the dealer in my case, did not do a fit and finish job, Tell them you want the part that converts the flat 4 prong wiring plug so that it will fit into the round opening for the 7-pin harness that comes with the Dodge hitch..........I just had my stuck through the round opening and ty-rapped at the dealer....I will post a pic of the hitch and the crappy wiring hanging right from the dealer.........I will order the part I need myself.

Also my 4-pin trailer wiring still don't have power there..........They must have forgot to FLASH the computer when they installed it............Going for a oil/filter change in a wek or two and will get it active then....I hope.....LOL......Wonder if they need to flash the oil cooler for it to work too!!!!.........LOL.......LOL.......Caper............