Upgraded to HID headlamps

Moparman, What parts did you order for your Journey from DDM? Do I need all this?

DDM HID Kit, 35W, 9006, 4500K x 2

Error Code Eliminator (PAIR) x 1

HID Kit Wiring Harness x 2

H1/H7 to 9006 Adaptor Cable x2

I'd rather have the 35W kit, as mentioned above I think the 55W kit will be too bright.

Jay

I don't think you'll need the HID Kit Wiring Harness. That seems to be only if you're going up to a 55W kit (bigger gauge wiring kit). And why would you need the H1/H7 to 9006 wiring harness? The DJ is already a 9006 bulb, you're not converting from H1/H7 to 9006.

I think you just need the HID kit/color option you want and the error eliminators. But I don't have HID's on my DJ yet; hopefully someone that does will chime in here.

• 3 weeks later...
Moparman, do you have to pull anything in the engine bay to do the install? Or is there enough room without pulling?

Did you do just the low beams? Or did you also get a 9005 kit for the highs?

Sorry didnt see this till now........only did the lows, can't shut off DRLs, so highs won't work. Lots of room, easiest install I have ever done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
No tools required, simply plug and play. On the drivers side, I have fixed the ballast to a bolt hole behind the fuse box. On the other side, I simply cable tied it to bulkhead panelling.

You will have to adjust your beams downwards a little, else you get flashed a lot, especially out in the country! I wound mine down 2 complete turns with a screwdriver. - make sure you go down which is to the + direction on the screw and not -. I at first raised mine by mistake due to this reverse logic!!

Hello neighbour (Kitchener, Ontario here). I have a 2013 Journey but for the life of me cannot see these adjustment screws. Any chance you could post a pic of where the alignment screws are? Thanks a bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Shadowsaint" data-cid="26091" data-time="1360391093"><p>

Are these legal?</p></blockquote>

I also have the hid kit in my dj......I talked to my uncle who is a leutinent with a sheriffs department and I asked him about the hid kits....his response was that as long as they are not to blue (to resemble a cop) they are ok they also have to have a cut off line the light cannot be scattered. .....the cutoff in the journeys are great and i have yet to gwt into any type of trouble with mine.....but I if you have to question just ask a cop oneday and see what they say but he said that as long as they are in spec he doesnt see why they would be illegal just as long as tou make sure you have every thing in line