Windshield wipers stay on and more

Good evening!

I have a 2012 dodge journey crew, 5000 km so far and it's a fantastic vehicle!!

But tonight I encountered a problem while driving on a dark highway, I flicked my high beams off and my windshield wipers turned on, and will not turn off, the washer sprayer doesnt wirk also the high beams no longer flick on or off, the turn signals don't work, and the rear window wiper dosent turn on either!! Any ideas before I head into dodge on Monday and speak to service?

Wierd and frustrating after only just over 3 months and 5000 km, Other than that love the new ride!!

Thanks all'

Wow that sucks on new DJ!

One of 3 things would likely cause those symptoms:

1 Bad control stalk on the column.

2 Clockspring wiring in the steering wheel/column faulty.

3 TIPM (Totaly Intergrated Power Module) reqires reset or reflash.

2012 definitely a dealer call in store.

Wow that sucks on new DJ!

One of 3 things would likely cause those symptoms:

1 Bad control stalk on the column.

2 Clockspring wiring in the steering wheel/column faulty.

3 TIPM (Totaly Intergrated Power Module) reqires reset or reflash.

2012 definitely a dealer call in store.

Obviously I have no idea what the problem is with your rig, but I had a similar problem with my steering wheel controls and cruise control. To make a long story short, what eventually solved the problem was replacing the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module) which included the clock spring. So far everything works as it should. The service guy here told me the SCCM is kind of like the spinal column of the vehicle. All the electrical impulses from the steering wheel and column go through that module to their intended destinations: cruise, wipers, lights, and all other features controlled on the steering wheel and column. Good Luck.

Peace.

• Official Dodge Support
Good evening! I have a 2012 dodge journey crew, 5000 km so far and it's a fantastic vehicle!! But tonight I encountered a problem while driving on a dark highway, I flicked my high beams off and my windshield wipers turned on, and will not turn off, the washer sprayer doesnt wirk also the high beams no longer flick on or off, the turn signals don't work, and the rear window wiper dosent turn on either!! Any ideas before I head into dodge on Monday and speak to service? Wierd and frustrating after only just over 3 months and 5000 km, Other than that love the new ride!! Thanks all'

Darryl,

Almost sounds like the multi-function switch could have went bad. Hopefully the dealer can figure it out and get it fixed for you in short order. Please post your fix as I could find no service bulletin regarding your issue. Thanks.

• Official Dodge Support

Good morning dodgecares,

The journey is in the shop as we speak, waiting for the call as to the issue, there was a rapid response for my vehicle, something for the power control module. Any idea what that is about, I'll find out more when I pick it up!

Cheers

Darryl,

I would really need to know your vin to know about the RRT for your vehicle. If you want to PM me your vin I can look it up. Unless the dealer gave you the #.

Well the journey is home and it's all fixed!!!

So the scoop is...

A scan was done and the fault code U1008

They removed the steering wheel column cover, inspected the multifunction switch wiring connector, and found the connector had a poor conection.

So they fixed the poor connection, rescanned for the code didn't return. All work as intended!!! Woo hoo

And the rapid response was 12-006

2012 JC 3.6L power train control module mil flash

Was told it was to reprogram the module???

All covered under warranty

Cheers