Help! Looking for pictures of 2011-2012 Journeys with Mopar hitch

pantheman75

My 2012 Dodge Journey R/T might be delivered tomorrow, and I need to decide ASAP if I want the dealership to install the Mopar hitch. I'm REALLY nervous about the dealership pulling off the rear bumper and cutting it, so I'd like to see a few examples of what it looks like. I've looked around online and within the forum, but am having a difficult time finding 2011-2012 Dodge Journeys with the NEW rear bumper with the Mopar hitch installed (I know that I've seen them before though...). Can you guys please help me out and post some pictures in this thread if you know of any? (I'm NOT interested in pictures of Journeys that are 2010 or older since they have a different rear bumper, nor am I interested in pictures of other hitch installations.) Thanks for your time and help!

Edited by pantheman75

I found a few (the forum wouldn't let me post the actual pictures for some reason, so here are the links)... are there anymore out there?

http://www.dodgejour...t&attach_id=443

http://www.dodgejour...t&attach_id=444

http://www.dodgejour...t&attach_id=445

We already discussed this in the thread that I found these pictures, but you'll notice that the installation can have an off-centered appearance (which might drive me nuts). I'm wondering if it would help aesthetically to cut the opening on the bumper equally off of the center of the vehicle to give the hardware a more centered appearance (this would result with the hitch wiring filling the opening to the left of the hitch, and a blank opening to the right of the hitch). Thoughts?

Edited by pantheman75

I decided against it... at least for now. Since our other daily driver already has a hitch and I'm not a big fan of tearing off and cutting the bumper of our brand new car I'm going to wait to do it until I really need it. Our new Journey R/T already has the towing prep package, so it will be an easy add on if we need it in the future. Thanks for your help guys!

• 4 months later...

I know the thread is a little old, but thanks for the pictures. I am suppose to take delivery of my R/T Rallye this week but the dealer is trying to sell me an aftermarket hitch to avoid dealing with parts on backorder. These pictures just helped concrete my decision that I will only take the Mopar hitch and not the aftermarket one.

The Mopar hitch is very neat and barely visible.

Thanks guys.

• 9 months later...

i got to say dodge chrysler you realy disapoint me i had a paint defect and it was brushed under the carpet my 2012 trailer hitch im still waiting since july last year to get it i made the deal over a year ago and still dont have it i was promissed every 2 months it be in mopar hitch kit will be in just yesturday they called to instal it finaly arrived and it was wrong it was not the hitch kit from mopar no knock out in the bumper told them to take it back this is gettin crazy family vacation i have to use my piece of shit car to haul my sled this is bull shit im mad chrysler hot line number to get things looked after is a joke i have my kids saying why did we buy a new suv wer cant use it like there neighbours do to haul im pisse contact me back please like i say i paid good money and feel like crap i regret every day decause of this suv and chrysler

• Official Dodge Support

dominator,

I'm really sorry to see you've been having issues with your Journey.

I will send you a PM, please reply with the case number you were provided when you called customer care or your VIN - both with your name and the name of your dealer.

Thank you in advance and, again, sorry for the issues you have encountered.

i got to say dodge chrysler you realy disapoint me i had a paint defect and it was brushed under the carpet my 2012 trailer hitch im still waiting since july last year to get it i made the deal over a year ago and still dont have it i was promissed every 2 months it be in mopar hitch kit will be in just yesturday they called to instal it finaly arrived and it was wrong it was not the hitch kit from mopar no knock out in the bumper told them to take it back this is gettin crazy family vacation i have to use my piece of shit car to haul my sled this is bull shit im mad chrysler hot line number to get things looked after is a joke i have my kids saying why did we buy a new suv wer cant use it like there neighbours do to haul im pisse contact me back please like i say i paid good money and feel like crap i regret every day decause of this suv and chrysler

Welcome to my world I havebeen waiting since June 2012 all I ever hear is soon ( thank f,,,, god its not a heart transplant i'm waiting for ) Chrysler phone me to blow sunshine up my a.... then my dealer tries to up sell my wife an engine flush for $75 on the 3rd oil change (20000km) I feel your pain I have to take two vehicles to the cottage every weekend as my truck is a regular cab cummins As for as i am concerned dodge has really screwed this up

Pissed of Custumer

• 2 weeks later...

Don't expect the Mopar hitch to look like the ones in the links above and on the Mopar website. After waiting 9 months for mine, it finally arrived and is styled just like other after market hitches. Hangs lower and sticks out. It is a Mopar part with Mopar instructions. The old hidden version is no longer available. Only way to get one now is if you can find a used one somewhere. What is more frustrating is that when they changed the part number for the new style they also changed the part number for the ball mount adapter and the new ball mount adapter is still designed for use in the original vertical mount design of the receiver. Can't figure out why they would not have continued with the old style when they still make the old style ball mount adapter.