WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit; how many floor hooks on a 2012 Journey?

Can anybody please tell me how many floor hooks are on the drivers side in a 2012 Dodge Journey? I really want to order some WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit mats for my 2012 Dodge Journey R/T that should be rolling of the production line soon. The problem is that WeatherTech doesn't list mats for the 2012 model; the 2011 model with a single hook design is the latest that they offer. Do the 2012's have 2 floor hooks or 1 floor hook on the drivers side? I'm assuming that if the floor hooks are the same then the 2011 floor mats will be compatible with the 2012 model. Thanks :)

Can anybody please tell me how many floor hooks are on the drivers side in a 2012 Dodge Journey?

The 2012 has 2 floor hooks, just like the 2011. Weathertech has been VERY slow to change the hook hole locations on their mats for the 2011 and 2012 Journey. The Mopar pics often aren't updated to show new versions, so that pic is probably just wrong. I ended up getting Husky mats for the front and Weathertech mats for the 2nd and 3rd row. When and if Weathertech ever makes a 2 hook version for the front, I may replace the Huskies.

I also contacted Husky Liners today; they've modified their mats to include 3 floor hook bumps so that they're compatible with 2012 models or earlier.

Yup, the Husky liners have 3 bumps to accommodate the 1 hook or 2 hook models. The Weathertech liners are only compatible with single hook models unless you do some modifications. That's why I went with the Husky liners for the 1st row for now.

For the second row, I actually purchased the Husky liners and the Weathertechs. The Weathertech does a much better job of covering the hump around the center console, so I'll be returning the Husky second row liner. Husky doesn't make a 3rd row liner, so I went with the Weathertech for that as well.

I ordered a full set of the Huskies from Amazon tonight; it was A LOT cheaper than ordering directly from Husky. Husky assured me that if I get the 2 bump model instead of the 3 bump model that they will replace it free of charge even though I didn't order directly from them. Nice!

Edited by pantheman75

I ordered a full set of the Huskies from Amazon tonight; it was A LOT cheaper than ordering directly from Husky. Husky assured me that if I get the 2 bump model instead of the 3 bump model that they will replace it free of charge even though I didn't order directly from them. Nice!

I got Huskies from Amazon as well and they have the 3 bumps.

I contacted Weathertechs Canadian Office (which is 40min away from me) and they hope to have the two hook design early in the new year. Since my Journey won't arrive until late Janurary, i guess i'll hold off on any purchases until mid Jan and see if they have it by then.

Yup, the Husky liners have 3 bumps to accommodate the 1 hook or 2 hook models. The Weathertech liners are only compatible with single hook models unless you do some modifications. That's why I went with the Husky liners for the 1st row for now.

For the second row, I actually purchased the Husky liners and the Weathertechs. The Weathertech does a much better job of covering the hump around the center console, so I'll be returning the Husky second row liner. Husky doesn't make a 3rd row liner, so I went with the Weathertech for that as well.

I contacted Weathertechs Canadian Office (which is 40min away from me) and they hope to have the two hook design early in the new year. Since my Journey won't arrive until late Janurary, i guess i'll hold off on any purchases until mid Jan and see if they have it by then.

Sounds like they've been making similar statements about them being available in the next "couple of months" for a while now. That's why I went with the Huskies instead of waiting. I may switch when and if the Weathertechs with 2 holes are actually released.

Oh trust me, I know all about "coming soon" as I work in video production and every supplier has something new and improved that they announce as being available next quarter...

I'm not holding my breath but I'm in no need of buying them until I know when I'll get my journey..

Sounds like they've been making similar statements about them being available in the next "couple of months" for a while now. That's why I went with the Huskies instead of waiting. I may switch when and if the Weathertechs with 2 holes are actually released.

I got my Husky front mats from Amazon last night; they have the 3 bumps, so I won't need to swap them with Husky.

If you end up getting a 2nd row mat, I recommend the Weathertech over the Husky because it has better coverage. If you want a 3rd row mat as well, you'll have to go with Weathertech because Husky doesn't make one :)

If you end up getting a 2nd row mat, I recommend the Weathertech over the Husky because it has better coverage. If you want a 3rd row mat as well, you'll have to go with Weathertech because Husky doesn't make one :)

Good thoughts, but since it's just my wife and I we don't have the 3rd row and will rarely use the 2nd row so I'd rather just have all the mats match. Thanks :)

Can anybody please tell me how many floor hooks are on the drivers side in a 2012 Dodge Journey? I really want to order some WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit mats for my 2012 Dodge Journey R/T that should be rolling of the production line soon. The problem is that WeatherTech doesn't list mats for the 2012 model; the 2011 model with a single hook design is the latest that they offer. Do the 2012's have 2 floor hooks or 1 floor hook on the drivers side? I'm assuming that if the floor hooks are the same then the 2011 floor mats will be compatible with the 2012 model. Thanks :)

I'm assuming two, same as '11. I settled for the Husky brand - they were willing to manufacture with the two hook design! Weathertech didn't even respond to my inquiry. The second row Weathertech will fit as will the cargo liner. For me, I just want to keep the slush and salt stains in check. . .besides Husky was cheaper. I know because my second row liner is weathertech!

• 3 months later...

It's about time. Although I simply removed both hooks with a screwdriver and my single hook mats fit right in. I do plan on installing one hook back in the center just in case the mats decide to slip.

For anyone who cares, Weathertech has finally released a two hole version of ther front mats for the Journey.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I saw these pictures at weathertech ebay store, and it seems that they misunderstood the 2 hooks issue. Apparentily, they keep the drivers mat the same way, with 1 hook, and put the second hook on the passengers mat.

Shouldn't it be the 2 hooks on the drivers side?

Link bellow:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WeatherTech-DigitalFit-FloorLiner-2011-2012-Dodge-Journey-Tan-/261010349969?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AJourney&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc56ddf91#ht_1791wt_1176

• 2 weeks later...