My 2011 8.4N radio does that. I don't think it did that when I first got the Journey. Must be one of the updates that were installed that changed that behaviour.

And there's no way to change that? That's gonna drive me crazy. Does yours also change the mode to Phone every time it starts if a phone is paired to it?

• Official Dodge Support

Mine has always done it since I bought it... Sometimes, and I mean very rarely (since one of the updates) it will start with a different song... I think this has happened a total of 4 times over the hundreds of times I have started the Journey again.

Arm,

The current selection will start over when the vehicle is shut off and restarted. I do not know of any plans to change this for the new model year.

Yep, starts over every time.

I wonder what the logic is behind that. Any car I've ever had always resumes where a song left off. If you make a lot of small trips, you could end up listening to the same song several times. I know you can just manually skip it, but it's weird that it's designed to work that way.

And there's no way to change that? That's gonna drive me crazy. Does yours also change the mode to Phone every time it starts if a phone is paired to it?

My radio was changing to phone mode each time the phone connected, but TSB 08-23-11 fixed that. DodgeCares provided this info initially, my dealer knew nothing about it.

My radio was changing to phone mode each time the phone connected, but TSB 08-23-11 fixed that. DodgeCares provided this info initially, my dealer knew nothing about it.

I'm glad they fixed that. I guess they didn't apply the TSB to the car I test drove. Now they just need a TSB that makes songs resume where they left off. Or even better, make that a configurable option.

• 2 months later...

So is it only songs that start over after cycling the ignition? Is the car smart enough not to apply that behavior to content tagged as audiobooks or podcasts? Music starting over isn't that big of a deal, but losing your place in an audiobook or podcast constantly would be a big problem.

The songs starting over thing doesn't bother me at all. Kinda weird, but whatever. If I'm on short trips and I get sick of the current track, I manually forward it. Hadn't thought about audio books or podcasts. Doubt the computer is smart enough to know the difference between music and other content. Have you tried just pausing before turning off the vehicle? Maybe that would conserve your place? Dunno. Just a thought. Don't use audio books or any of that jazz.

Peace.

The songs starting over thing doesn't bother me at all. Kinda weird, but whatever. If I'm on short trips and I get sick of the current track, I manually forward it. Hadn't thought about audio books or podcasts. Doubt the computer is smart enough to know the difference between music and other content. Have you tried just pausing before turning off the vehicle? Maybe that would conserve your place? Dunno. Just a thought. Don't use audio books or any of that jazz.

Peace.

I just got the car so I tried it. It is smart enough to recognize podcasts and not start them over. Haven't tried an audiobook yet.

• Official Dodge Support

All,

I am told that if you have a 4.3 or 4.3S unit this just released TSB may correct the song starting over problem as well as a few others. See TSB below.

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SUBJECT:

RHA And REB Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RHA or REB Radio.

MODELS:

2011-2012 (JC) Journey

**2011-2012 (LD) Charger**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC vehicles built prior to **October 4, 2011 (MDH

1004XX) and LD vehicles built prior to July 25, 2011** equipped with

UCONNECT TOUCH 4.3 CD/MP3 (sales code RHA) or UCONNECT TOUCH

4.3S CD/MP3/SAT (sales code REB).

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

· **When the ignition is first turned on, the audio volume is very high.**

· **CD audio glitch and/or audio drop out for 0.2 seconds.**

· No display and no audio on radio.

· The driver's heated seat soft key is grayed out on the radio display.

· CD skips repeatedly while playing.

· CD jumps tracks after cranking the engine, turning the radio off and then on, and/or

after depressing the stop and then play soft key.

· In USB playback mode a blank screen, or the last displayed screen, is displayed

when the ABC soft key is pressed.

· An iPod Nano connected in USB mode may fail to play and/or the Pause and Play

keys are reversed on the radio display.

· Multiple instances of the same Sirius Game Zone entry may be displayed.

· Intermittently, the back-up chime sounds continuously once vehicle is put into

forward gear, instead of shutting off.

DIAGNOSIS:

If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other

customers that describe the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED:

Qty. Part No. Description

**AR (1) 68147629AB REB Update Disc (version 11.41.6) for JC**

**AR (1) 68147630AB RHA Update Disc (version 11.41.6) for JC**

**AR (1) 68169945AA REB Update Disc (version 11.40.6) for LD**

**AR (1) 68169943AA RHA Update Disc (version 11.40.6) for LD**

All,

I am told that if you have a 4.3 or 4.3S unit this just released TSB may correct the song starting over problem as well as a few others. See TSB below.

Thanks Chris. I have an 8.4 and my car was built after 10/4/11, so it doesn't look like that TSB will help me. It seems like the songs starting over is more of a design decision than a bug since it doesn't start podcasts and audiobooks over each time. It would be nice if that was a configurable option, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. The bigger annoyance is the re-cataloging of the entire iPod every time I cycle the ignition. Hopefully, there will be a TSB for that soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've had some time to test this, I've discovered that songs only start over when playing the iPod. If I'm playing music from an SD card, the song starts from where it left off after cycling the ignition. Not sure why there's a difference in behavior.

The constant re-cataloging of the music content affects both the iPod and the SD card. I'm leaving both connected so that I can use whichever one happens to finish re-cataloging first.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a brand new 2012 Journey with UConnect 4.3. Picked it up two weeks ago. My CD's skip (intermittently). The radio also cuts out (intermittently). Have had quite a few dropped calls as well, but am not sure if this is the fault of the radio?? Anyone having similar problems.

Hi,

I have a brand new 2012 Journey with UConnect 4.3. Picked it up two weeks ago. My CD's skip (intermittently). The radio also cuts out (intermittently). Have had quite a few dropped calls as well, but am not sure if this is the fault of the radio?? Anyone having similar problems.

See TSB 08-048-11 Rev A above. Take it to the dealer. Maybe that TSB applies, maybe not. My CD does not skip, my radio works, and calls only drop when coverage is the problem.

Peace.