2011 Journey Tire problem with pics

dinkylink

Hello and Im glad I found other owners on this Forum that are happy with their purchase, I was so far but just this morning I have encountered an issue with the original tires the car is 3 months old and they somehow seem to be drying up?

these are KUMHO Solus made in Vietnam

I have attached an image and im hoping someone can give me some advice , I sent this picture to the dealer but he is telling me it looks like it got cut somehow, but I have been extremely careful with my baby...

any comments are appreciated

thanks!

post-4494-0-95117000-1317675539_thumb.jp

Edited by dinkylink

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

damage from either a curb or an object in road.... maybe a pothole. could be anything. i had a similar cut on the sidewall of my jeep's tire. it was a BFG M/T on my Rubicon, and they aren't cheap. i swapped it for my spare and kept the cut tire. never had to run it. never lost air, either.

the cut will look bad. usually there are two sidewall plies. if it didnt cut the first ply, it would likely be ok for a short period. if it cut one of the plies, i'd immediately swap the spare and get it replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and Im glad I found other owners on this Forum that are happy with their purchase, I was so far but just this morning I have encountered an issue with the original tires the car is 3 months old and they somehow seem to be drying up?

these are KUMHO Solus made in Vietnam

I have attached an image and im hoping someone can give me some advice , I sent this picture to the dealer but he is telling me it looks like it got cut somehow, but I have been extremely careful with my baby...

any comments are appreciated

thanks!

I don't believe your tires are made in Vietnam, since Kuhmo does not have a manufacturing facility in that country. They do however have one in Macon, GA however; most Solus tires are manufacturered in their home country of Korea.