I just picked up my SXT over the weekend and love it so far. One thing I can't seem to find is the so called connection for the iPod. The cable was in the glove box, but no connection can be found. The book says it will be in the glovebox or on the center console depending on the model but I've looked everywhere with no luck.

I can hook the iPod up via the Aux connection, but using it through the radio would be a nice feature.

The radio says REU on the bottom of it. It's fully loaded with the MyGIG, Nav, Rear DVD, etc. I thought maybe it wasn't available with this version, but the Dodge site shows it available on all vehicles with UConnect.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ken

look on the far left hand side of the lower glovebox. It is clipped to the side of the hinged area, one end plugs in there, the other to the Ipod, you might need to lean down a little to see it.

I don't have anything clipped in the glovebox. I even took the glove box out, to see if maybe the connection fell inside there or something.

look on the far left hand side of the lower glovebox. It is clipped to the side of the hinged area, one end plugs in there, the other to the Ipod, you might need to lean down a little to see it.

My cable was actually in the glove box, still sealed in a Mopar bag. I had to plug the cable into a socket in the back left side of the glove box and then it worked great!

My cable was actually in the glove box, still sealed in a Mopar bag. I had to plug the cable into a socket in the back left side of the glove box and then it worked great!

My cable was also in the Mopar wrapper, in the glove box. I have no socket in the back left side of the box though. The book is really vague, just says it could be in the glovebox or could be on the center console depending on your model. I can't find it anywhere.

hmmm, I do not have NAV, maybe it is different? Now I am confused......

According to the Sale's Booklet the iPod interface is "included with UConnect Hands-Free Communication System; not available with Entertainment Group II". So if you have the NAV unit you won't be able to use the iPod interface. Which kind of sucks because that's what I ordered, too.

According to the Sale's Booklet the iPod interface is "included with UConnect Hands-Free Communication System; not available with Entertainment Group II". So if you have the NAV unit you won't be able to use the iPod interface. Which kind of sucks because that's what I ordered, too.

That sucks. I wonder why they gave me the cable for it though? I just went to the dealearship to buy another set of wireless headphones and none of the people knew too much about it either. They said they were told it would be in the glovebox so we went out the the lot and looked in a couple and they didn't have them either. They didn't have the MyGig system with Nav on them either.

It's not a big deal, but when I found the cable and then did some looking online to find out what it was for I really wanted it. It would be easier to load the iPod and scroll through it on the MyGig instead trying to load the hard drive with a ton of music.

sorry to thread crap...but i just received my journey sxt with mygig and safe and sound with no uconnect (which includes the UCI ipod adapter). but when i looked in the glove compartment i coould see the cable that was clipped in the back, but it didnt come with the ipod cable. I asked the dealership to throw it in, and they did. But when i plug my iphone/ipod into the cable mygig doesnt recognize it. I looked in the manual and it said it should be showing an iPod tab beside "aux" "HDD" "jukebox" etc.....

sorry to thread crap...but i just received my journey sxt with mygig and safe and sound with no uconnect (which includes the UCI ipod adapter). but when i looked in the glove compartment i coould see the cable that was clipped in the back, but it didnt come with the ipod cable. I asked the dealership to throw it in, and they did. But when i plug my iphone/ipod into the cable mygig doesnt recognize it. I looked in the manual and it said it should be showing an iPod tab beside "aux" "HDD" "jukebox" etc.....

I checked my glovebox yesterday and the cable was there...haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I'm actually a bit confused by this as well. I didn't get the back seat DVD player, but I thought I had the highest end MyGig available (nav, etc) and my dealer told me it would work with my ipod. However, no connection is present. If I plug the ipod into the USB port on the front of the stereo, I'm only given the option to download pictures/mp3s.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution?

The REU will not play the Ipod through the USB port

MP3 player devices cannot be controlled through the

USB connector. Some player devices save music files in

MP4 format, which cannot be played in this radio. Some

copy protected music (e.g., downloads from the internet)

cannot be played on this radio.

you have to use the AUX port which will play through the REU nav system radio. You can not control the Ipod or mp3 player through the radio, the ipod or mp3 player has to be used with it's own controls

AUX Mode

The AUX connector allows you to connect the headset

output of an audio device (e.g., MP3 player) to the

navigation radio. The audio of the connected device will

then be played through the navigation radio sound

system.

The display will switch automatically to the AUX mode,

when a 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack cable has been connected.

The radio screen will revert back to the last tuner mode

when the cable is unplugged.

To change to AUX mode while the cable is connected to

the unit, press the MEDIA button until the AUX tab is

highlighted on the top of the screen.

Adjust the volume with the ON/OFF VOLUME knob, or

with the volume of the attached device.

The control of the external device (e.g., selecting playlists,

play, fast forward, etc.) cannot be provided by the radio;

use the device controls instead.

it is in the NAV manual and it is available online.

Just wanted to be sure you were clear on the use of the REU Nav system for Ipod and MP3 use. Hope this helps you out.

Rob

I have the REN unit MY gig w/o Uconnect. But when i checked in the glove compartment, i saw the iPod cable sticking out, i just need the other half which comes in models with Uconnect. So i just asked the dealership to throw it in, and they did. But when i plug in my iPod, it doesnt show the iPod tab on my system.

I am wonder if i still need the uConnect module and if i do, where can i buy it?

I have the REN unit MY gig w/o Uconnect. But when i checked in the glove compartment, i saw the iPod cable sticking out, i just need the other half which comes in models with Uconnect. So i just asked the dealership to throw it in, and they did. But when i plug in my iPod, it doesnt show the iPod tab on my system.

I am wonder if i still need the uConnect module and if i do, where can i buy it?

found the part number

82211004AB - Uconnect Module

The REU will not play the Ipod through the USB port

MP3 player devices cannot be controlled through the

USB connector. Some player devices save music files in...

I get all that -- my "I don't understand" was more rhetorical, I suppose. Just seems silly that they would *drop* functionality with a higher end unit. Now the question is whether or not I put up a fuss with my dealer (who told me that this would have iPod integration).

js

I get all that -- my "I don't understand" was more rhetorical, I suppose. Just seems silly that they would *drop* functionality with a higher end unit. Now the question is whether or not I put up a fuss with my dealer (who told me that this would have iPod integration).

js

That's what I thought as well. The higher system should have all the options, where lesser ones would be missing a few, like maybe the iPod.

However they threw in a free iPod cable for me to not use! I heard from some people that have that iPod conection but they have to buy the cable. Where other don't have the iPod connection but there is a free cable in the glovebox. Makes no sense.

I guess it's just as well, because if I get anymore toys put in this car I'll end up swerving off the road.

• 4 weeks later...
That's what I thought as well. The higher system should have all the options, where lesser ones would be missing a few, like maybe the iPod.

However they threw in a free iPod cable for me to not use! I heard from some people that have that iPod conection but they have to buy the cable. Where other don't have the iPod connection but there is a free cable in the glovebox. Makes no sense.

I guess it's just as well, because if I get anymore toys put in this car I'll end up swerving off the road.

I was told on my system with MyGig, Nav and Rear DVD I would have to buy a cable from Dodge that plugs into the control box of the radio and then into my IPOD, that it was around 30 dollars and is not included. So from what I am reading this seems like it wouldn't work and I am basically buying the cable that comes free with lesser radios and the only way I can really connect is to use the AUX port on the radio? That sucks if its true, I was hoping to order one and have it show me all the ipod info on screen

I was told on my system with MyGig, Nav and Rear DVD I would have to buy a cable from Dodge that plugs into the control box of the radio and then into my IPOD, that it was around 30 dollars and is not included. So from what I am reading this seems like it wouldn't work and I am basically buying the cable that comes free with lesser radios and the only way I can really connect is to use the AUX port on the radio? That sucks if its true, I was hoping to order one and have it show me all the ipod info on screen

I have a REN unit, and mine came with the iPod cable from Dodge, but it didnt work, it would charge but not work. So i bought the mopar Bluetooth module along with the mopar ipod connector and it worked. So maybe that could be worth a try (well not worth, cause it cost me 300 altogher for both parts)

• 2 months later...
I have a REN unit, and mine came with the iPod cable from Dodge, but it didnt work, it would charge but not work. So i bought the mopar Bluetooth module along with the mopar ipod connector and it worked. So maybe that could be worth a try (well not worth, cause it cost me 300 altogher for both parts)

So if I have the Unit with Nav, migig, and all, does that mean I can't contrtol my Ipod? Does anyone know which models are available and what each one does/

P.S. Still a rockin' automobile, and Iove it.

So if I have the Unit with Nav, migig, and all, does that mean I can't contrtol my Ipod? Does anyone know which models are available and what each one does/

P.S. Still a rockin' automobile, and Iove it.

I have the REN radio and also received an iPod cable with the car. I don't have the navigation system. My iPod Nano displays it's contents on the radio screen when connected with the cable supplied. A great system.

• 2 months later...

I know this is going to be a dumb question, but I am somehow hoping that I can do this. I have and SXT with only the AM/FM Stereo w/in-dash 6 disc DVD/MP3 player. I don't have NAV or MyGig nor do I have UConnect. My question is can I hook anything to the "AUX" such as my ipod? I have read on here that there is some sort of a connection in the glove box, but am somewhat confused about what it is.

Thanks for any help with my confusion.

I know this is going to be a dumb question, but I am somehow hoping that I can do this. I have and SXT with only the AM/FM Stereo w/in-dash 6 disc DVD/MP3 player. I don't have NAV or MyGig nor do I have UConnect. My question is can I hook anything to the "AUX" such as my ipod? I have read on here that there is some sort of a connection in the glove box, but am somewhat confused about what it is.

Thanks for any help with my confusion.

You can plug your Ipod into the AUX no problem -the Ipod will have to run off its own battery though unless you have a charger for the 12 volt socket

You can plug your Ipod into the AUX no problem -the Ipod will have to run off its own battery though unless you have a charger for the 12 volt socket

For the Aux connection you will need a 3.5m plug...one goes into the head phone slot in your ipod and the other into the aux slot in your radio. Wally's World have a great one for about 10 bucks...