Rear bumper

Powdered Toast Man

if your cars are still under dealer warrenty.it is a covered problem that they will take care of , they had to both sides of my 2011 at different times and they always gave me a free car rental while the repaire was being done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm lucky the rear facia fits well on my '11 but I can see where it could be an issue around the tail lights. Plus there's no support for the facia in the rear lower wheel wells so it just basically hangs there. I know they want flexibility but the amount the Journey has is a bit ridiculus.

OMG, I thought I was the only one. I first thought it was due to the fact whenever they put in the hitch. I wasn't too concerned since it was going to have to go back in the shop whenever the wiring harness got in so I plan inquire about it then. Sad to know it's a factory default.

I too have the same problem on my 2010, like you I thought it was due to my trailer hitch installation. I have pointed it out to my dealer and he told me that nothing could really be done. I may do something similiar Armendegga's fix except I may use a small dolip of more flexible white silicone caulking.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

• 5 months later...

dont know they sent it off to a body shop and paid for a rental car for me. they did the left side not long after i bought it and then about 3 months later the right side started poping out and they provided a rental car for 3 days each time while it was getting fixed.NO NEED TRYING TO FIX IT YOURSELF. just take it back to the dealer that way if you ever have more problems down the line you can go back to the dealer.. what ever they did it is fixed right..

• 4 months later...

Just to update on mine... Someone was nice enough to swipe the drive side rear of my car in a walmart parking lot which damaged the bumper, rear panel and the door. The previous fix had already come loose so I thought here was my chance to get it fixed again. The car came back new, the bumper was fixed, repainted and reinstalled, looked great.

Didn't last long though, just a few months after and its popping out again.

Not sure if I want to fix it my self, take it in again, or just ignore it. Short of tape or glue there is no official fix. It's just bad design. I love my journey, this is honestly the only thing that really bugs me. Can't all be good I suppose.

• 6 months later...

Hi there, i want to remove the rear plastic bumper (lower side only) for me to wrap up with carbon fibre but it seems that the clips are covered by insulations which is quite hard to remove. I think this piece of insulation that covered the reverse sensors is fixed on the upper bumper. Any idea to remove this lower plastic bumper? Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Not so much the rear bumper yet, but I have the same problem with the Front Bumper. I have a 2013 Dodge Journey and I took it in because it was under warranty and they said there wasn't anything they (Dayton Andrews Dodge) body shop could do for me and the manager was an a-hole towards me.

• 1 year later...

On my 2011, I've noticed that the rear bumper (fascia) isn't staying well aligned where it meets the body panels. The line over by the rear headlamps - the plastic rear fascia keeps sort of "popping out". I can push it back in and it stays for a while but after a while I'll look and it'll be popped out again. It's like there's no bolt or clip behind it to keep it locked down...

Anyone else seen this?