Journey R/T 2011 radio sound problem

Finally was able to drop the car off for a day at the dealer. I picked a day when it was supposed to get cold overnight. I typed up a note explaining the history, the suggestions from the forum, etc. The service manager had left for the night when I got there, but I wanted to leave it there outside for the night anyway.

Next morning, I did not hear from them first thing, like I usually do. I finally called around 10:30AM, and they said they were looking at it at that time. It was already getting warm.

Of course, by the time they got to my vehicle, the radio was working. "Unable to verify complaint." Like I am a moron who does not know how to turn on a radio???? "No fault codes," as I told them. "No TSB's".

Dealership "tightened up the wiring harnesses" and installed two software updates: 08-016-11 and 08-008-12. I am not sure what they were supposed to fix. But a couple of days later, when the temperature dropped again -- no radio. Again.

So apparently there is no fix for this problem, or else I need to go to special training to learn how to operate my radio.

What you have described is the same thing that was happening to me. Fortunelty they were able to duplicate the problem and it ended up being the radio itself that was replaced. They figure that is was an internal connection that was effected with the cold weather. Haven't had the same problem sinceit was replaced in the fall...but there is still a glitch somewhere.

• 2 months later...

This just happened to our 2011 R/T today, radio is on but no sound, switched to bluetooth device still no sound. A call came in while I was driving, I answered the call but couldn't hear anything, when I got back home my wife said she could hear me talking. It is a long weekend so my dealership is closed until Tuesday, I'm going to book an appointment first thing on Tuesday and mention the TSB from other posts.

• 11 months later...

I too have a 2011 Journey. 8.4N system.

My "sound" problem began when I didn't renew Sirius. I had to restart the car which resumed FM sound etc. every time. After a few months, I renewed Sirius at their lowest possible price (or so they say) and the problem stopped. Coincidence? I thought not.....

So....today I start the car remotely (my usual method) and proceed down the road. Guess what....no FM sound but there is Sirius sound.....restart car and WALLA! FM works again.......as well as Sirius. There is definitely some issue with these radio/navigation/sirius units.

I see now that this topic is almost a year old (found via Google). Perhaps it has been fixed for everyone but me (haven't taken it in to be looked at).

• 3 years later...

I had a recent experience with radio having no sound on my 2011 R/T . Radio lights and etc were on but no sound, obviously amp was not working...I ignored the thing for a week, until one night the car didn't start, battery dead. Next day had new battery installed and Bingo- radio has worked since then with no problems. Apparently having a weak battery will cause amp malfunction as well as all the other dumb things in this vehicle. Makes me wish I had bought something other than Dodge. Expensive lesson number 2163. and counting. :play: