Jump to content

'13 RT front HVAC only lost Temp. control


5rebel9

Recommended Posts

Well, with the 5 DJ's I've had this is a new problem to encounter. Car has ATC but when TEMP is set to full high, I get full heat out any set position. When I lower the TEMP even one degree on the infotainment screen the temp goes to full cold even though the display shows desired TEMP setting.

 I suspect the HVAC module in the center stack behind the infotainment screen and when the sun comes up will hook up my alphaobd program and see if I can find the problem using that. 

In the meantime if anyone has suggestions, I'm open to read/try them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah scanning for codes is the best start. My wild guess would be cabin air temp sensor( 55111178AD) or heater core temp (long wire style probe harness) sensor, neither are super pricy, although access might be crappy. You have parts car you can pull from still, so if ATC that would help. 

 

Did this journey have the heater core swapped out ? If so probe could have been disturbed.

 

MR_55111178AD_Ang.thumb.jpg.517633f7e1b29bbd425a248f1843e2bd.jpg5S17045.thumb.jpg.82268277f983e122d64e009d23173a9f.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Code B11ca comes up as only fault. 

Took out glove box and watched movement of the pass. actuator. It moves freely, but in large movements with steady hold on control buttons hot or cold(not smooth and steady). NO clicking or sticking.@John/Horace this has the original heater core and NO under dash work has been done on it. MY understanding of the earlier models with ATC that only fan speed was affected by ATC, as desired temp is set by the operator (could I be wrong?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...