Front tage mount

Has anybody found a front tag mount for the Journey? I've already bought a tag, but the dealership didn't have any mounts.

Press your dealership and I bet they'll come up with one. Unless I'm mistaken, they have to furnish you with one, since you could move to a state which has front plates. Indiana doesn't have front plates, either, but every new car I've ever bought had a mounting bracket.

Press your dealership and I bet they'll come up with one. Unless I'm mistaken, they have to furnish you with one, since you could move to a state which has front plates. Indiana doesn't have front plates, either, but every new car I've ever bought had a mounting bracket.

Crazy. And here I am in Indiana - which does not have front plates - and I've always received mounting brackets. Sounds like some sort of a government project! :blink:

If a state requires front license plates, it should be the responsibility of the dealer to provide the mounting brackets. Tell the dealer you want the vehicle licensed when you pick it up and see what he does. I suppose he could just screw the plate to your bumper and go without a mounting bracket. I can't believe this should be a problem for anyone purchasing a new motor vehicle. Are dealers that cheap?

• 2 weeks later...

Darn - I had one on mine I would have given you. I live in PA and the dealer located the Journey I wanted in OH, which requires front tags. When mine came in I asked them to remove it and when I picked it up after it was detailed, it was gone and they didn't give it to me so I assume the discarded it or shelved it. :banghead:

• 5 months later...
Darn - I had one on mine I would have given you. I live in PA and the dealer located the Journey I wanted in OH, which requires front tags. When mine came in I asked them to remove it and when I picked it up after it was detailed, it was gone and they didn't give it to me so I assume the discarded it or shelved it. :banghead:

I live in NY which requires a front tag and when I bought mine there was not one on the car. the dealer checked his whole inventory and not one had one. We called chrysler and they said they did not make one for the car. Outcome was to drill it into the bumper as they had two dimples where the bolts go. I said to myself, what else do you expect from dodge.

In Ontario we need a front plate....All the Journeys have a plastic front mount already installed by Dodge.

We already had this conversation a couple of months ago.

From the factory, the Journey comes with 2 small indents in the front bumper where screws can be tapped. Any brackets/mounts are added by the dealers or aftermarket.