2013 SE 2.4 Misfire/Stalling

Good Afternoon, 

I have a 2013 SE 2.4, 155xxx miles , and in the past it would go into limp mode or completely stall on the highway, when it did, it would store a DTC and it would always be the cam position sensor, I have replaced it a few times with OE sensors and it would then fire up and run fine for a month or so then do it again, this last time it started to misfire then stalled completely, I was able to re-start the car and limp it home, once I got it home the car seems to run fine at idle, but no check engine light and no stored codes, outside of normal maintenance I have replaced the throttle body and intake manifold gaskets, the scan tool I'm using also allows me to perform the cam sensor re-learn but that didn't seem to make any difference, I've done several searches and have found people having similar issues but never a resolution, any help on the next step would be much appreciated. 

Scan tool I'm using is an Encore OTC. 

Edited by eiffelpower

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes they can cut out so quick there is no code stored when CPS is bad. Look closely at the wire harness leading to the sensor make sure it has no signs of insulation damage. Light film of dielectric on sensor contact surfaces is always a good idea. 

The year, the milage and engine were listed…nice to have someone who understands forums.

I tried to include as much information as possible, I looked over the harness and didn't see any frays or damage, I did put dielectric grease this last time as well but didn't seem to make a difference, when I did the coils this past weekend I looked the harness over again just to be sure, should drive it this weekend and post an update, if those don't make a difference I may bite the bullet and just swap the PCM for giggles.