2017 journey 8.4 touch screen has no phone or navigation icons

At the risk of sounding way too elementary, I’d disconnect the battery for about a half hour. First time I had a radio problem I squeezed out of the dealer service department that’s all they did and it worked. Had a ‘14 Dart with 8.4 and no nav and have a ‘17 Journey with nav. Good luck!

12 hours ago, lost17 said:

just brought 2017 journey touch screen has no icon for phone or navigation is there a way to get them

First of all, Is your new to you equipped with phone/ bluetooth control pad on the left side of the steering wheel? IF NOT then the components are not in the car that would give you those features and are quite PRICEY to buy and install.

Of the 3 older year DJ's{'11, '13, '14} in my stable, only 1 is equipped with bluetooth/phone and no navigation.

13 minutes ago, lost17 said:

no blue tooth on steering wheel im going to work now but is it possible to get used stuff to put in

I am NO electronics' lover when it comes to Bluetooth and phones. 

For navigation , on older years the radio unit of the correct type{RB5} contains the navigation. I'm not sure being yours is a '17 model if they employ a radio code to unlock for your year, it's 'plug and play" for older years like mine.

In fact I found out today my friend got a body wrecked DJ for parts and has the Nav. radio unit and Bluetooth module. I'm getting the nav. radio as we're not certain wiring harness is there to put in the bluetooth module.

Yours may not have needed harnesses either {pre installed} and would be a big job to do if car needs to be "in use" and can't be "down" for a day or two.

And you'd still need the steering wheel controls and probable clockspring and correct wiring for it. 

A LOT OF INVESTIGATING NEEDS TO BE DONE before taking things apart.

22 hours ago, 5rebel9 said:

For navigation , on older years the radio unit of the correct type{RB5} contains the navigation. I'm not sure being yours is a '17 model if they employ a radio code to unlock for your year, it's 'plug and play" for older years like mine.

In fact I found out today my friend got a body wrecked DJ for parts and has the Nav. radio unit and Bluetooth module. I'm getting the nav. radio as we're not certain wiring harness is there to put in the bluetooth module.

Yours may not have needed harnesses either {pre installed} and would be a big job to do if car needs to be "in use" and can't be "down" for a day or two.

And you'd still need the steering wheel controls and probable clockspring and correct wiring for it. 

On 4/28/2024 at 5:12 PM, 5rebel9 said:

I have to retract some of what I posted. The "parts car" is a '17 crossroads model with big screen but NOT navigation{RB5 radio module} It does have factory backup camera AND backup/park assist sensors{which I'm interested in getting the camera and any needed wiring for our'13RT {with BU/park assist sensors} I'm also thinking of going after bluetooth/phone module and needed inside mirror, as it contains the mic's for phone and needed wiring. Also the auto headlight switch and light sensor to put into our '14SXT. AND then there is a "brand new" trailer hitch and the wiring/adapter that would go onto either the '14 OR my son's '11 

NONE of this {other than the hitch} is easy work with a LOT of interior trim and headliner disassembly and wiring to install. Also I need to do some parts compatibility searching for the mentioned clock spring issue, the steering wheels control pad will be a whole steering wheel swap. THIS IS A MAJOR INVOLVED DOING, but nice upgrades for value and my friend says I will not have ANY PROBLEM WITH PRICE, He got the car for the powertrain! Yes I have to do the removing of parts, at least i don't have to put things back together!!!! I also have the alphaobd program to update the BCM if any thing done needs that.

I have a spare car to put any one down for needed time to do the work, the wife just won't be happy to be without her 13RT 

@lost17 You may want to consider what a complete aftermarket screen/piggyback audio system might do for your wants. There have been a few well explained threads here recently on doing this to gain certain "features".

Edited by 5rebel9