so we think we have it bad replacing a battery

2late4u

LOL  My daughter has one of those AND it needed a battery last fall. My son in law watched similar videos and "tackled" the job himself, He did a good job of it with only the "fail" of not properly aligning the wiper arms when finishing up. The wife and I visited the next day and I took care of that little glitch for them! HE said he would PAY PEP BOYS {franchise auto center} to change it next time, should they still have the car!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah he is very good and funny. Hi point ….liberal douching of Fluid Film on positive needed or ….it’s good enough for the girls we run with. Tee hee hee.  Or most of this plastic stuff is broken by the quick lube guys by the time these cars get to us.  
I recently changed battery on 2017 Ford Fusion, not any where near as bad as turbo Escape. The young guys need to take a stab at some of these repairs, builds character.

Robo-johan  comments like usual, a non informational  scatalogical load.

13 minutes ago, John/Horace said:

Yeah he is very good and funny. Hi point ….liberal douching of Fluid Film on positive needed or ….it’s good enough for the girls we run with. Tee hee hee.  Or most of this plastic stuff is broken by the quick lube guys by the time these cars get to us.  
I recently changed battery on 2017 Ford Fusion, not any where near as bad as turbo Escape. The young guys need to take a stab at some of these repairs, builds character.

Robo-johan  comments like usual, a non informational  scatalogical load.

My son in law had a Fusion and wanted no part in changing the battery on it. I went up in the early Spring and changed it for him. That one was not bad at all to do in my experiences of countless battery changes during my "career" as an auto tech.2 months later, his parents gifted him a newer Focus sedan and used his Fusion as trade in for their new vehicle purchase.

My daughter laughs as her "in laws" are FORD people, and knows I prefer my MOPARS. AND also that I NEVER buy "brand new" cars while in-laws buy new and sometimes as often as yearly!