over heathing due to blown head gasket

Gonzo

I will really appreciate if someone has the repair manual and is able to share , im trying to do it DIY because shop charges me over $5,000,THANKs in advance .

8 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I will really appreciate if someone has the repair manual and is able to share , im trying to do it DIY because shop charges me over $5,000,THANKs in advance .

complete manuals for journey ARE posted here on the forum try looking for it rather than asking for them.

54 minutes ago, Dsbennett315 said:

Appreciate it, but you claimed it was on this forum? I’ve looked at every thread…you sure about that? 

SORRY, I need better eyes or enlarge the print size on my screen. Posted manuals are up to 2016.  Yes I now see yours is a 2018, and I'm KINDA SURE that the 2.4 in your vehicle is the tiger shark {nickname} and not the older world{nickname} motor. 

A lot of SIMILARITIES, in procedures but a different cylinder head design, so yes you're going to have to find a manual for that motor.

There are many different STELLANTIS models that use this motor, and main torque specs and teardown instructions would be the same for your Journey. Only differences would probably be intake manifold  orientation.

Again sorry for my poor eyes, good luck on your big job. 

All data is a paid log in is what mechanic shops use, covers all vehicles, could get for a few months.

The tiger shark engines didn’t come out until 2013, discountinued in 2021.  They have a separate hydraulic operated valve system and we’re bad for oil consumption. Journey is world engine design, less power but more reliable, variable valve timing (cam phasing) and an egr valve.  

A 2.4 liter Tigershark engine with Multi-Air is available in the Dodge Dart and Jeep Cherokee. Current Multi-Air engines are port fuel injected and do not use EGR valves or cam phasing systems.Aug 22, 2016

@John/Horace

Thanks for setting me right, I should have know better on the "multi air" motor. My future daughter in law has a 2018 Compass with this motor, granted I've only looked briefly under the hood 2X.

Also when folks add on to a thread, I guess I need to look closer to their personal info to see what year they have. The OP had a 2015 and Dsbennett315 has a 2018. I initially responded correctly to the original poster.

Edited by 5rebel9

On 2/8/2024 at 2:10 PM, 5rebel9 said:

SORRY, I need better eyes or enlarge the print size on my screen. Posted manuals are up to 2016.  Yes I now see yours is a 2018, and I'm KINDA SURE that the 2.4 in your vehicle is the tiger shark {nickname} and not the older world{nickname} motor. 

A lot of SIMILARITIES, in procedures but a different cylinder head design, so yes you're going to have to find a manual for that motor.

There are many different STELLANTIS models that use this motor, and main torque specs and teardown instructions would be the same for your Journey. Only differences would probably be intake manifold  orientation.

Again sorry for my poor eyes, good luck on your big job. 

Thank you! Greatly appreciated 

17 hours ago, John/Horace said:

All data is a paid log in is what mechanic shops use, covers all vehicles, could get for a few months.

The tiger shark engines didn’t come out until 2013, discountinued in 2021.  They have a separate hydraulic operated valve system and we’re bad for oil consumption. Journey is world engine design, less power but more reliable, variable valve timing (cam phasing) and an egr valve.  

A 2.4 liter Tigershark engine with Multi-Air is available in the Dodge Dart and Jeep Cherokee. Current Multi-Air engines are port fuel injected and do not use EGR valves or cam phasing systems.Aug 22, 2016

So what is exactly the difference between the multi air tiger shark vs the regular? If I can still use the manual for a 2018 compass, that would be great

3 hours ago, Dsbennett315 said:

So what is exactly the difference between the multi air tiger shark vs the regular? If I can still use the manual for a 2018 compass, that would be great

A FEW of the membership here are former auto techs or avid DIYers, the forum is not designed or run as factory database.

For engine and most transmission work the manual for a Compass should work for you. Electrical and brakes/ body areas need Journey manuals.

WHAT are you looking to do?

Edited by 5rebel9