Fuel Efficiency - Dodge Journey 2014 SE

v_i_r_u_s

I own a Dodge Journey 2014 SE with a mileage of 165XXX KM. I am curious to know the fuel efficiency I am getting is normal or I have some issues which can be the reason for a poor fuel efficiency.

Currently I am getting around 8KM/Litre in city and 9-9.5KM/ Litre in Highway.

Is it normal considering the age and mileage of the Dodge Journey 2014 SE?

I change the Oil every 600KM and air filter was changed 4 months back as well.

looks like 16 mpg in city and 21 interstate    depends on how you drive not to far off i get around 18- 20 in city and 23=26 interstate   which engine and how it is being driven?  and have you changed the spark plugs? 165 k =103 k in miles 3.6 change at 100 k and 2,4 eng every 30 k also you are due for the transmission service as well

It's a 2.4L engine & driven moderately (Around 1200-1400km/Month). I am planning to change the Spark Plugs this week and also transmission service.
In general it seems like the 2.4L engine is under powered. Specially in uphill the RPM goes over 4-6 when I accelerate to 60+KPH.

Any recommendation for Spark Plugs?

Thanks again for the response

On 11/19/2023 at 5:05 PM, v_i_r_u_s said:

It's a 2.4L engine & driven moderately (Around 1200-1400km/Month). I am planning to change the Spark Plugs this week and also transmission service.
In general it seems like the 2.4L engine is under powered. Specially in uphill the RPM goes over 4-6 when I accelerate to 60+KPH.

Any recommendation for Spark Plugs?

Thanks again for the response

Orileys auto parts,,,,,,,,,,,,,NGK V-Power Nickel Plug Number ZFR5F-11 Spark Plug - 2262

Part #

Line:

NGK
4.7 out of 5 stars. Read reviews for average rating value is 4.7 of 5. Read 16 Reviews Same page link.

(16)
Write a review
Ask a question

Fits 2014 JourneySee Application Details Change Vehicle

$4.69

you will need a magnetic spark plug socket OR use any deep well socket and then a telescopic magnet to lift the plug out of the hole and then use a piece of plastic tuning to attach to the tip of the plug to lower it into the opining, or I did see a video on sticking the plug into the coil and then use that to lower it into the opening or just splurge on buying the proper magnetic socket, easy to do good luck

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, 2late4u said:

you will need a magnetic spark plug socket OR use any deep well socket and then a telescopic magnet to lift the plug out of the hole and then use a piece of plastic tuning to attach to the tip of the plug to lower it into the opining, or I did see a video on sticking the plug into the coil and then use that to lower it into the opening or just splurge on buying the proper magnetic socket, easy to do good luck

Reading that i was like... have you been watching me do my plugs?!?! ? ? ? 

• 1 month later...

The fuel efficiency of your 2014 Dodge Journey SE, averaging 8KM/L in the city and 9-9.5KM/L on the highway, seems reasonable for its age and mileage. As vehicles age, fuel efficiency can decline, influenced by factors like engine wear and driving conditions. Regular maintenance, such as tuning, tire checks, and air filter replacements, can optimize performance. Additionally, driving habits impact fuel economy. Overall, given the variables, your Dodge Journey's current fuel efficiency is within a typical range for a vehicle of its age and mileage.

• 3 weeks later...

Your Dodge Journey 2014 SE's fuel efficiency of 8KM/L in the city and 9-9.5KM/L on the highway is below average. Factors affecting efficiency include driving habits, tire condition, and engine health. Regular oil changes and recent air filter replacement are positive steps. Consider checking the fuel injectors, spark plugs, and ensuring the tires are properly inflated. At its age and mileage, it's worthwhile having a mechanic inspect for potential issues like a clogged catalytic converter or oxygen sensor problems. Addressing these could improve fuel efficiency. Overall, consult a professional for a comprehensive diagnosis and advice.

• 2 weeks later...