Help with sound from front end

johnvosh

Hello everyone, how's it going!?

I recently started a new job and I have a train grade crossing that I have to go over everyday. A couple weeks ago I started getting this sound (see attachment) coming from my passenger side when I hard brake. I get no sound going the tracks, cornering, light braking or anything else. Any ideas of what could be causing this sound? Now, we do have fields on one side of us and I have seen a couple of mice, but have had mice at other jobs with no issue. I even pulled the cabin filter and it was clean. I have checked the bolts on the rim and they are tight and nothing looks broken.

IMG_4207.mov

your clip I couldn't get it to open,BUT if this a new noise and you have had your journey for a couple of yrs then I would have the front end checked out and the struts and other suspension parts checked with the brake parts as well, journeys are prone to make noise when go over bumps in the pavement and no real solution other than the reported upper strut bearing being most of the problems reported,,,I have had 2 journeys and both of them have had the noise as well and it always seems to be louder during cold weather,,,hope you found the problem and pleas report back on your answer to it

14 hours ago, 2late4u said:

your clip I couldn't get it to open,BUT if this a new noise and you have had your journey for a couple of yrs then I would have the front end checked out and the struts and other suspension parts checked with the brake parts as well, journeys are prone to make noise when go over bumps in the pavement and no real solution other than the reported upper strut bearing being most of the problems reported,,,I have had 2 journeys and both of them have had the noise as well and it always seems to be louder during cold weather,,,hope you found the problem and pleas report back on your answer to it

See if this works.... VIDEO

Have had my Journey for 3 years, has roughly 149,000 km's on it. It only makes the sound, like something is rolling in the fender or something when I brake hard going forward. I don't get any weird sounds when going over bumps or turning or anything.