quick rear strut replacement done wrong

2late4u

• 1 month later...

Over the summer I replaced the rear struts on our '11 with 3 row seating. I had seen this video and a few others and decided to try it on one side for cutting the panel. I was NOT IMPRESSED and decided to go the right way and found a lot of seat removal work was NOT needed. YES it's a pain for window trim removal and replacing when done, but once you get to the actual struts things go quite easily. On vehicles with rear heat/a/c on the right side {most all 3 row models}, there is an air duct that needs to be removed{easy to do} that covers over the upper strut nuts. I found also that the left{drivers side} lower panel did not need to come completely out, just needed some pretty long ratchet extensions to reach over the height of the panel being pulled away. IF I have to do the '13 or '14, I will do it the right way{with some shortcuts}. The '13 RT should be easy as it's 2 row and no rear HVAC to contend with.

I decided since it would be a nightmare to replace in the future I left the rear panels off. Granted I have an item or 2 back there to "cover" it but figured why create more work down the road since it doesn't serve a purpose anymore for me.

Edited by Locosiete
typo

• 3 weeks later...