Battery or Electrical Problem?

dgr8dude

Hey guys, I have a 2 year old Journey with just 26k on mileage. Yesterday on my way home from the mall, it won't start. Engine won't even crank. Normally, I would put the key in the "on" position and wait till the chime sound ends then I start the car. But yesterday, after the sound chimes I tried starting the car, but nothing happened. As if something got unplugged or got loose. After a few unsuccessful tries, I called for a battery boost. After 15 mins of waiting I tried starting the engine again but this time, I didnt wait for the sound to end, and behold, the engine started. This morning, I did the same thing and everything looked good. Question, should bring my car to the dealership for a check-up or my car should be ok and this is just normal? thanks

Sounds like a similar problem that JessicaA is having. (See I hate this POS Journey). I experienced the same issue more than once in the past. It turned out to be the 'handshake' between the key fob and the receiver. Have the dealer re-sinc the two key fobs to e vehicle. I had no further issues since it was done.

Good luck.

Not sure if this is your problem, but I remember reading about someone who had a problem with the switch that determines if the tranmission is in park. There are a lot of conditions that must be met to start one of these cars. As the above poster mentioned it could also be the key fob, so you could try your other fob and see if it makes a difference.

Happy Motoring, and let us know what you find the problem to be.

Not sure if this is your problem, but I remember reading about someone who had a problem with the switch that determines if the tranmission is in park. There are a lot of conditions that must be met to start one of these cars. As the above poster mentioned it could also be the key fob, so you could try your other fob and see if it makes a difference.

Happy Motoring, and let us know what you find the problem to be.

This is exactly what it is. The vehicle won't start if it's not in park, so you have to jiggle the shifter back and forth when in the park position. This is only a quick fix solution to start the vehicle. I believe the solution is replacing the TRANSMISSION RANGE UNIT OR SELECTOR. I had the problem for a year but once it was changed 3 months ago it hasn't happened since. Hope this works for you!