front pass-seat cargo area

cabrals

Bought a 2009 Journey, can't find the passenger front-seat unlocking strap (might be inside) any way of unlocking cushion without the strap?

Thanks

yes , go behind the seat and look under , you will see the locking tab It's easy to unlock with one finger . Open it and replace the strap to where it should be ,,, someone must have pulled on it because it can't really fall by itself.

• 2 years later...

You can't pull the strap from under the seat (it won't be pulling in the proper direction which is "up" from above the seat). There is a plastic tab that is probably in front of the strap that is hanging down, go behind the strap, push the plastic tab while lifting the seat. That should allow the seat to raise. Make sure, when you close the seat base, that the pull tab is sticking up and is visible between the seat base and the seat back's forward face.

• Official Dodge Support
You can't pull the strap from under the seat (it won't be pulling in the proper direction which is "up" from above the seat). There is a plastic tab that is probably in front of the strap that is hanging down, go behind the strap, push the plastic tab while lifting the seat. That should allow the seat to raise. Make sure, when you close the seat base, that the pull tab is sticking up and is visible between the seat base and the seat back's forward face.

Agree. The strap must be pulled in an upward direction for the release to work.

My 2012 SXT doesn't have the storage compartment in the front passenger seat. :-(

Really? I'm not doubting you, but, I was under the impression that it was standard on the Journeys... Is it only "standard" on the '13's? I didn't think it was an option, like the bins in the floor in the middle row, I thought all Journeys came with it...?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="webslave" data-cid="28192" data-time="1367413619"><p>

<br />

<br />

Really? I'm not doubting you, but, I was under the impression that it was standard on the Journeys... Is it only "standard" on the '13's? I didn't think it was an option, like the bins in the floor in the middle row, I thought all Journeys came with it...?</p></blockquote>

As of 2012, it was part of a package that includes the driver power seat, and the remote start.

Gotcha... I had gotten the impression that it was "standard" because all of the Journeys (2012) on my dealer's lot had them, but, they all had power seats and remote start also... That explains it. I thought the storage area was kind of gimicky at first, but, now that we have it, we use it all the time. We keep our "cloth shopping bags" in there. When we go to a store, they are "handy" and easy to get to when we need them, but, out of the way when we don't.

That's why I like these forums...learn something new everyday!

Edited by webslave