Best aftermarket front rotors?

chadb1

I have had two sets of Napa premium rotors on my Journey and get no more than 3,000 miles out of them. I know alot of people say it's how we drive, but my Subaru before this car went 45,000 on each set of rotors I put on it. I am looking for something that will last a little longer than 3,000 miles!?!?!

• 2 months later...

I went to TireRack.com and got these-

Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Rotors

Front brakes went at 17000 miles. Mopar, Napa, and other aftermarket all warped by 3,000 miles of use. Well past 6,000 miles on the Power rotors and still O,K.

Another stragety, went with metalic pads in front, it's cheaper to replace pads than doing both each time.

I've gotten over 60,000 miles on some of my other cars before needing brakes. The Journey, at 49,0000 miles is on it's 4th set.

Did the rears with Napa super premium rotors and ceramic pads, they have been fine since the change at 17,000 miles.

I went to TireRack.com and got these-

Power Alloy Cryo-Treated Rotors

Front brakes went at 17000 miles. Mopar, Napa, and other aftermarket all warped by 3,000 miles of use. Well past 6,000 miles on the Power rotors and still O,K.

Another stragety, went with metalic pads in front, it's cheaper to replace pads than doing both each time.

I've gotten over 60,000 miles on some of my other cars before needing brakes. The Journey, at 49,0000 miles is on it's 4th set.

Did the rears with Napa super premium rotors and ceramic pads, they have been fine since the change at 17,000 miles.

Did you check to see if your rotors were sticking? I still have my OEM rotors, although I did replace the front pads @ 13,000 miles with after-market ceramic pads. Rears are still all OEM and now have 26,000 miles on it. Live in the city, although did take a 1,400 mile road trip this summer. Hope this might help you out!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...