My Journey Must be the Exception

JTroy

I'm sorry to hear about all the complaints. I'm pretty picky, and this is the first American Car I have owned. So far the only problem I have had is the iPod and radio module crapping out, and the dealer replaced it with an upgrade at no cost. The dealer also replaced a tire that was damaged by a piece of metal. Now, it's no Honda or Subaru when it comes to handling, but it's great on the highway and overall I'm pleased. Perhaps part of the reason it seems OK is that I got the SXT with the performance package- so it has the larger engine and "performance" suspension. Oh, the only real complaint is the tire size. I didn't realize before I bought it that 225/55/19 size is as rare as the Northern Hairy-Nosed Wombat.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought my Journey in april od 2010,I now have 5,000 miles on it.As of today i have not had 1 issue with my journey.I drove jeeps Grand Ch. for 13 yrs without 1 single issue i hope my Beautiful Journey does as well.I will update later.Going in for first oil change and tire rotation..

• 1 month later...

I'm with you folks. I had a 2010 for a rental and loved it. While I was looking for another car I came across a 2009 SXT FWD. I love it. Every now and then I look over at my wife and say, "Have I told you I love this car?". I think she's about ready to throw something at me so I'd better cool it. :rolleyes:

Oh and here's something neat. For an air freshener I use a Glade Plug-in in the conventional outlet behind the center compartment. Works like a charm!

My '09 SXT is about 16 months old and I am approaching 60,000 miles with no complaints so far.

With my LifeTime powertrain warranty and my LifeTime bumper to bumper warranty; I plan on pushing this Journey to the limits. We'll see if Fiat will honors the warranties that long and if the car makes it even longer!

Keep those good comments coming; and Happy Motoring...

I just finished a 700 mile road trip.My Journey is a dream.I love the ride the quietness and everything about it.My wife feel the same way about our Journey.I am thinking of Buying the New 2011 though.It depends on what kind of deal i can get myself into i paid $20.500.O. T. D. for my 2010 So we will see..

i now have almost 6000 miles and lovin it..

I just purchased a 2009 Journey SXT. I went from a 2003 Ford Ranger Edge (which I LOVED) to the Journey because of expanding family (grandbaby). It's hard to take anyone else in the Ranger with the baby in the truck, plus you could only put the carseat in the front:-(

For someone who did NOT want to get another car, I can say after a month, that I LOVE my Journey!! Maybe since I purchased it used (had 5411) miles on it, that if there were any issues, they were fixed when the previous owner had it. I can say that I did a lot of "homework" before purchasing another vehicle. I knew the issues with the Journey (thanks Forum members) when I went to the Dealership. With it being October, and the 2011's coming out, I got a great deal! I did pay the extra $1141 for the Extended Warranty, knowing that there might be some electrical issues, etc., in the future. Plus, I tend to keep a vehicle for about 10 years.

My biggest issue, at the moment, is trying to get a tire. (19") They might as well be the Hope Diamond:-)

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, all the complaints sound like my experiences with the Toyota Camry, most expensive maintenance vehicle I've ever had the mis fortune of buying, I bought the Journey to replace our 2002 Durango (192,000 miles and still ran great), have had it for 18 months now with absolutely NO problems. It takes up to 7 people (four children and a teenager included) through the snow or the desert in great comfort and very surefooted (R/T AWD) as well as economical, I even tow a cargo trailer with it, did I mention it looks great in black, and we bought it new for 22.5k. The only thing I would improve is a little more power (used to the V8 Durango).

Wow, all the complaints sound like my experiences with the Toyota Camry, most expensive maintenance vehicle I've ever had the mis fortune of buying, I bought the Journey to replace our 2002 Durango (192,000 miles and still ran great), have had it for 18 months now with absolutely NO problems. It takes up to 7 people (four children and a teenager included) through the snow or the desert in great comfort and very surefooted (R/T AWD) as well as economical, I even tow a cargo trailer with it, did I mention it looks great in black, and we bought it new for 22.5k. The only thing I would improve is a little more power (used to the V8 Durango).

It's great to hear a positive post on here. I agree.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to hear about all the complaints. Oh, the only real complaint is the tire size. I didn't realize before I bought it that 225/55/19 size is as rare as the Northern Hairy-Nosed Wombat.

I too am very sorry to hear about all the complaints.

My 2010 Journey R/T has been very good so far. I have a very good relationship with my dealer so I don't anticipate any real big problems, in the past 20 years he has always taken good care of me. It is now January 2011 and the tire issue is becoming less and less of an issue due to the fact that the tire sizes are becoming much more available now.

Regards

Terry

The only thing I really don't understand is that if the Journey is really as popular as Dodge claims, and by looking at all of them cruising the streets here I'd say they're not exaggerating their claims by much....why are the tires still so freaking scarce? If this is a top-selling model, why isn't some tire company jumping to be the main supplier of rubber? It's a captive market!

R/T's are the only model that has 19" as standard. I'm pretty sure that on the SE and SE plus models there are more than one manufacturer making the size they need. Those are the most common models that I see, I see enough R/T's out there but I don't think that there are enough to warrant everybody getting on board and making this size of tire.

....why are the tires still so freaking scarce?

I agree with you, although it is now January 2011 and they are quite a bit more common in stores here in Regina. I'm not sure why Dodge chose such a limited size for a standard 19" tire. Just my opinion though :D

Regards

Terry