Fuel Milage

pkeller70

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Windancer" data-cid="25821" data-time="1359043683"><p>

Chris not sure if you could read my PM or not. Basically all it said is that I would be happy to ask my dealer about your poor gas mileage, I know he wouldn't have anything definite without seeing your car, but he may be able to offer some suggestions for this. What did your dealer say they thought your problem was?<br />

<br />

I just wanted an email address to copy you in on, That's all. Maybe DodgeCares or DodgeCACares could weigh in on that subject. Just out of curiosity how many posts do they say you need before you can use the PM function?<br />

<br />

Terry</p></blockquote>

It said you must have 30 post before forum allows you to send private message! And its my 30th post! Now i can send PM to you! Yipee! I answered all your question on the other thread so i can copy paste it to pm you!

I did recieve and read your pm but couldnt reply because i just had 23 posts thst time!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Windancer" data-cid="25821" data-time="1359043683"><p>

Chris not sure if you could read my PM or not. Basically all it said is that I would be happy to ask my dealer about your poor gas mileage, I know he wouldn't have anything definite without seeing your car, but he may be able to offer some suggestions for this. What did your dealer say they thought your problem was?<br />

<br />

I just wanted an email address to copy you in on, That's all. Maybe DodgeCares or DodgeCACares could weigh in on that subject. Just out of curiosity how many posts do they say you need before you can use the PM function?<br />

<br />

Terry</p></blockquote>

It said you must have 30 post before forum allows you to send private message! And its my 30th post! Now i can send PM to you! Yipee! I answered all your question on the other thread so i can copy paste it to pm you!

I did recieve and read your pm but couldnt reply because i just had 23 posts thst time!

<br />

<br />

Terry</p></blockquote>

Woah woah, too many same post! Must be the connection problem. Sorry about this! I dont k ow how to delete ..

Hi Chris

I just thought you may have done it to put you over the 30 post threshold so that you can PM somebody. :-) You may have already seen it, but I sent an email to my dealer with a copy to you regarding you gas mileage problem, so we will just have to wait and see his response if any. He usually answers me within a couple of hours. Now that you can PM, you might want to PM either DodgeCares or DodgeCACares and see if they have an answer.

The attached photo was taken just south of you at the old farm at Hanley.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

• 2 months later...

I hope people don't mind me reviving an old thread, but it's a useful one so here goes :-) .

I'm just coming near the end of my first tank of gas on my new Journey and so far I've been averaging just under 25 mpg (about 24.8). Not bad considering those miles are about 80% commuting to work miles and only a couple of shorter trips on the highway (about half hour long trips). This mileage is better than what the epa stated the combined mileage would be and a bit better than I was getting with my 2001 Chevrolet Tracker (a much smaller vehicle). I'm satisfied and am looking forward to see if I can maybe inch it up close to 30 mpg on an extended highway trip (say to Florida :-) ).

Craig

Edited by caheaton

I just switched to a K&N filter and have see a noticeable gain inMPG. I have always been around 24-24.5. Now with the K&N and am up to 27.1. That has been with me nursing the throttle. Commute daily is 80hwy -20cty. Definitely worth the $60. It will pay for itself shortly.

I just switched to a K&N filter and have see a noticeable gain inMPG. I have always been around 24-24.5. Now with the K&N and am up to 27.1. That has been with me nursing the throttle. Commute daily is 80hwy -20cty. Definitely worth the $60. It will pay for itself shortly.

Now have you been nursing the throttle before the new air filter too? If not, then the difference in mileage could be due to you taking it easy on the gas...

Do you have the 3.6L engine?

With the Multijet Diesel engine I have had a total average mileage of 29.4 MPG so far (after 40.000 km). That is 60% autobahn, 20% contry roads and 20% city. On long road trips (50-60 mph, no autobahn) mileages of 33-34 MPG are easily achievable.

But I'm sure the Pentastar engine has a better sound. :)

Mostly city driving I presume?

Just returned from a trip to Arkyland. 28.1 going (5 people and luggage) and 26.4 return (five people and stacked ot the roof in trunk). Set it on cruise. Lots of freeway and some mountains. 2.4 2012. Gentle acceleration helps a lot for city numbers, BTW.

I doubt if it really change much after broken in because the number is ridiculusly high! I cant wait for 8000miles for it to get better! So i decided to us manual stick for now! I notice that it changes gear really quick in auto. So when ever im using manual i make sure the rpm is atleast 3500! Helps to get broken in earlier! Hope it wont hurt my engine! The mileage went worst from 23.3 to 27 l/100km now! Im on 1800km now! Will change oil on 2000km! Hope it will improve after that!

Those numbers are incredible. We got our Journey in December and the worst we have gotten is 15.8 L/100km for 100% city driving. The mileage has steadily improved (we're now at 7200 km's ) and we're averaging 12.5 L/100km at 72% city driving. There shouldn't be that much difference even with AWD.

Yes, i understand that its on his breaking period but for that big margin is unaaceptable! I feel somethhing has to adjusted or something is wrong with my engine!

One question, how the warranty is working! I Read some advices in this forum about changing the dealership! Are we getting same warranty coverage from other dealership as what we are getting on dwalership where we actually buy the car? All this time i thought you have to bring back to dealership where you buy it whenever theres problem because you get it from them!

Sorry! Im confused... :((

Yes, i understand that its on his breaking period but for that big margin is unaaceptable! I feel somethhing has to adjusted or something is wrong with my engine!

One question, how the warranty is working! I Read some advices in this forum about changing the dealership! Are we getting same warranty coverage from other dealership as what we are getting on dwalership where we actually buy the car? All this time i thought you have to bring back to dealership where you buy it whenever theres problem because you get it from them!

There's definetely something not right. You don't have to go to the same dealer, it's a Chrysler warranty and you can take it to any Chrysler dealer.

There's definetely something not right. You don't have to go to the same dealer, it's a Chrysler warranty and you can take it to any Chrysler dealer.

Chris;

I certainly agree with Rolly, you can go to any dealer because it's under Chrysler warranty. I personally do not think too highly of the dealership where you bought it, but that is just a personal opinion.....mine. As I have mentioned to you before, I would encourage you to take it to my dealer Indian Head Chrysler (1-800-652-3181), I know it is 200 miles away, ask for Andrew or even the owner Norm, tell him you are a friend of mine and they can put your car on the computer and maybe figure out what seems to be the problem with your car.

I sent you a PM so just read that.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

Your warranty is covered by Chrysler not the dealer.....the dealers act on behalf for Chrysler to perform the service/warranty work. You can go to any Chrysler/Dodge dealership to have any service or warranty work done. You don't owe anything to the dealer you bought the vehicle from as it's YOUR money that bought vehicle not theirs and that puts you in control where you would like your vehicle serviced. I stopped using the dealer where I bought my Journey after the free oil changes were used and moved on to another dealer closer to my work where they were more than glad to have my business.

You might want to try out Windancers dealership as he seems very confident that something can be done with your situation.

Edited by Journey_SeXT