ISSUES WITH A BRAND NEW JOURNEY

burnhard22

Hi ALL.

I just bought a new truck for the wife. 2010 Journey R/T-Black, loaded, NAV, 3rd row, DVD, 19" chromes...etc.

It was owned by the Dealership's owner and had like 6000k/3750miles. 4 days after I got it both fron tweeters went and smoke was coming into cabin when stopped or idiling. Brought it back they fixed speakers and told me they couldn't find anything on the smoke. I drove it to work the next day and it smoked. Brought it to diferent dealer and they found the problem and had it fixed in 2 days. (bad seal near tranny spitting oil and when hit manifold or muffler it would obviously burn off.) Lastly, the GAS PEDAL BROKE OFF. Took pictureds brought it back in and they repaired. Everything was warranty and plus I had the 360 warranty which is worth the extra $1500-2000 especially with all the electronics in the car. So, far no further issues. I enjoy driving the car, great hwy gas mileage but make sure you bring your car into a Dealership that knows what they're doing and is not just out trying to make a quick buck and doesn't want to do warranty work. My only concern to ALL is that I have heard that ALL NEW DODGE products have hard plastic gas pedals, even the Challenger. WHY would they do that?? Keep an eye out on this or write a letter to DODGE. This could be the next TOYOTA-like recall. I know they try to save $ but one fatality law suit over a break pedal and I'm sure it would hurt.

Take care, drive safe, and HAVE FUN!

HAPPY JULY 4-to my US firends.

Pics to come...I'm a newbie here so be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a 2010 AWD Journey with the six cylinder motor. On the first long trip we were going to take with it, we suddenly heard a loud noise coming from underneath and then a steady vibration. Just thought we had hit a differant patch of road, but when the vibrations did not go away, started to worry. By the time we got to our destination there was a very loud clanking noise coming from under the car. I slid down under and found that the rear drive shaft had come apart at the connection to the tranny. Could not get the local dealer to see us ( too full) so ended up driving 22 miles to the next town. They pulled the drive shaft (very helpfull Kalkaska Dodge!) and told us to bring it in to our local dealer when we got home. Advantage to a AWD, if the rear drive shaft goes out it still drives! Anyway with only 1300 miles we now have a new drive shaft and are waiting for the #5 thrust bearing to be replaced. I hope this is not a sigh of things to come!

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 2010 AWD Journey with the six cylinder motor. On the first long trip we were going to take with it, we suddenly heard a loud noise coming from underneath and then a steady vibration. Just thought we had hit a differant patch of road, but when the vibrations did not go away, started to worry. By the time we got to our destination there was a very loud clanking noise coming from under the car. I slid down under and found that the rear drive shaft had come apart at the connection to the tranny. Could not get the local dealer to see us ( too full) so ended up driving 22 miles to the next town. They pulled the drive shaft (very helpfull Kalkaska Dodge!) and told us to bring it in to our local dealer when we got home. Advantage to a AWD, if the rear drive shaft goes out it still drives! Anyway with only 1300 miles we now have a new drive shaft and are waiting for the #5 thrust bearing to be replaced. I hope this is not a sigh of things to come!

My husband wrote about all the problems we had with our new Journey and unfortunately they still have our vehicle! We have owned it for 3months and it has been at the dealership for 2 of those months! While fixing the latest problem they discovered more things wrong with the transmission so we are still in our loaner car! I feel that they can keep it as long as they need to so everything gets properly fixed and I get my car back in perfect condition!

It's a Dodge! They are crap.

this kind of comment is useless and inappropriate , if you don't like Dodge simply don't post or read this forum.

This site is for helping each other discuss and share infos , obviously you have failed.

Edited by Burn

the way the Journey failed me is the lack of accessories and aftermarket performance parts.lol.

and I think thats just about it. lemons are lemons.

well.... The journey is everything except a performance oriented vehicle.... the R/T is only a trim level of equipment in this case. You should have known this before purchasing :)

when was the last time you saw a set of header or some eibach coil spring for a Caravan , Montana or Odyssey ?? same thing for the '' Family '' Journey oriented car ...heheh

true.

all I ask are just stuff that I can personalized my journey. I could buy those eibach springs. I'm pretty sure I saw some for a journey in the net. all I can do right now are change my tire and wheels, put decals, change the rotors/calipers with caliper cover and thats just about it. lol

i have modified so many cars to date ... in this case i know the Journey is based on a modified Sebring / Avenger platform and many parts are similar across models perhaps you can start there .. or maybe you can have you're hands on a universal adjustable coils over .. a bit more expensive but it must have a set that will fit.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Don't ya know? A Mopar Chrome Exhaust Tip adds 5HP? :lol:

Wow...... that's good to know. I have 2 chrome exhaust tips so I should have 10 extra hp. and of course that is in addition to the high performance "Racing Air" that I put in my tires. :D

Terry

I am also having issue with my Journey R/T but unfortunately i have no idea whether it is a 2009 or 2010 model? I bought it in October 2010. I have issue when the transmission shift from 3rd to 2nd and then to 1st. I noticed that the RPM woutd rev up and you can feel that your vehicle will suddenly jerk forward when this happen. I am suppose to be slowing down to a stop. I feel it is extremely dangerous, when you are coming to a stop at a traffic light and there is car infront of you. I took it back to the dealer (By the way, there is only one dealer in Brunei).

They told me that diagnostics show that the MPU is giving some error and have it replaced. (It took month for the part to come.) But it is still happening after the part replacement, My car is still with the dealer to find out what the problem. During this period ownership. i have the signal light replaced as water is leaking inside. There was a recall, something about replacing a ring at the transmission side. My spec compartment/Conversation mirror keep dropping down everytime you close the driver door or close the sunshade up.

My left rear tire when flat cos i hit the curb. And i could find any replacement tire as it is a odd side. Have to specially order one tyre in and that took months too. I think i only manage to drive my car for 3 months since my purchases.

Other than that, i am happy. I daugther love the VES. I just wish that the MyGIG is install higher, more to eye level that so down below.