What is the eco message supposed to convey? The manual says it means the vehicle is running eco friendly or high effieciency or something like that. It only displays that message with the engine off in the ign position. I get a laugh out of it because it's the only time that this vehicle isn't burning a ton of fuel. 2.4L 4cyl 19mpg....best so far has been 23mpg. I'm hoping that it's just brutal during the break-in period...1200kms so far...Also is there a way to program the key fob for remote window lowering? some journey's have it...our's doesn't or it doesn't seem to work...Dealership said they didn't even know about it, not very well educated on their merchandise.

My eco indicator works very well. I have the V6 in my R/T, and I get around 10L/100km at best during a long highway drive, and about 14L/100km seems to be the normal.

For the window operation, do a search on this forum. I learned about this feature on this site and someone posted how to enable, and disable this feature.

My eco indicator works very well. I have the V6 in my R/T, and I get around 10L/100km at best during a long highway drive, and about 14L/100km seems to be the normal.

For the window operation, do a search on this forum. I learned about this feature on this site and someone posted how to enable, and disable this feature.

I am only around 750KM but I seem to be around 14L with city driving too on my SXT V6.

The ECO notification is to tell you you are driving in the most efficient way, usually when you are just cruising barely touching the gas pedal. I've got the V6 SXT '10 and its pretty easy to get it to light. From what I was told/surmised, the V4 has to work a little harder to pull this heavy vehicle thus you may not see the ECO light up unless you're going downhill with the wind at your back . :rolleyes: Up until I hit 10-11,000Kms, I was getting about 16-17Liter/100km whereas now @ 16,000kms I get 12L/100kms. A recent highway roadtrip (520 kilometers) had the journey @ 9.7L/100kms which was the lowest i'd seen.

As for your window 'trick'.. On the key FOB press door unlock once then again and hold it on the second press. The front windows should come down until you release the button.

The ECO notification is to tell you you are driving in the most efficient way, usually when you are just cruising barely touching the gas pedal. I've got the V6 SXT '10 and its pretty easy to get it to light. From what I was told/surmised, the V4 has to work a little harder to pull this heavy vehicle thus you may not see the ECO light up unless you're going downhill with the wind at your back . :rolleyes: Up until I hit 10-11,000Kms, I was getting about 16-17Liter/100km whereas now @ 16,000kms I get 12L/100kms. A recent highway roadtrip (520 kilometers) had the journey @ 9.7L/100kms which was the lowest i'd seen.

As for your window 'trick'.. On the key FOB press door unlock once then again and hold it on the second press. The front windows should come down until you release the button.

When does eco indicator come on though. ive babied the thing driving it around and havent seen it displayed once yet. is it supposed to be displayed somewhere other than the odometer reading. Also tried the key fob thing several times, with no luck. Was that only available on the SXTs or is it just not programmed correctly. sorry no question marks. computer is moody and wont allow abbreviations.

Do you have the ECO indicator option turned on? It is displayed in the window under the tach, when the compass and temperature is shown in the display

We don't have the compass but we do have the temperature option. Is there something you have to program to turn it on, or does it come on automatically when it's running effeciently?

Thanks, I've got an idea where to begin now.

• 1 year later...

When does eco indicator come on though. ive babied the thing driving it around and havent seen it displayed once yet. is it supposed to be displayed somewhere other than the odometer reading. Also tried the key fob thing several times, with no luck. Was that only available on the SXTs or is it just not programmed correctly. sorry no question marks. computer is moody and wont allow abbreviations.

My ECO is actually in 2 places. I have my left digital display on where you can see the avg MPG, and then on the odometer/trip meter, if you press the button to scroll through, you will go through the odometer, trip a, trip b, and then ECO will be displayed. i think you have to have it selected on from the left digital display and then the right display will tell you when you are driving "eco friendly" or not by just putting the word "on" after ECO. now the thing is that i have the V6 and just barely getting on the gas and the eco goes away when i dont think i could accelerate any slower but when i get up to speed, it comes on. i have not noticed any situation where this would come in handy because everyone should already know that you use the least amount of gas at speed when cruising.

as for the windows rolling down, i dont remember if i had to program it or if it was programed by default but your car must be locked, then hit unlock twice and keep the unlock button held down when you hit it the second time and the windows will roll down (just the front windows). i remember that my user manual had many options that you could use to program your remote with from unlocking all doors with 1 press to silencing the horn so only lights flash when you lock/unlock the car.

I honestly would not wory about the ECO feature. i test drove a honda fit years ago and to drive eco friendly in it, you would have everyone flipping you the bird and honking horns at you because you have to start braking very far back and getting on the gas so slowly that everyone will just get annoyed with you and may even end up causing an accident. Unless you have a Prius or other Eco friendly hybrid car using electric motors and regenerative braking, i would not even bother with it. after all you are driving a vehicle that weighs 5,000lbs or 2.5 tons. engines have to work hard to haul that much weight.

• 1 month later...
after all you are driving a vehicle that weighs 5,000lbs or 2.5 tons. engines have to work hard to haul that much weight.

5,000 lbs for a Journey? My '06 Ram weighs 5,200 lbs empty and it's nearly 1/3 bigger though the Hemi does just fine hauling it around. Try about 3,800 lbs for a Journey.

Edited by Doug D

Pretty sure this does not exist for the 2011's.

However, on one of the DJ commercials in Canada, they show the word ECO on the EVIC screen while it is being driven. I guess that feature never made it to production?

I saw that in the commercials too and though, "hey, mine doesn't have that!" and there's nothing in the manual about it.

• 2 weeks later...