Help

Chris Flournoy

I have a 2017 Dodge Journey SE and my AC will come on when I start my car but after about a minute it stops blowing in the front but still blows in the back and if I turn the AC off and wait a little bit and turn it back on then it will come back on.... what could this be?

Rear is kind of a separate unit controlwise from front. Are you running in recirculation or / and does this have auto temp controls or the standard split front controls?

IF you are using recirc mode, try your A/C on outside air and report what happens.

GOOD LUCK!

It has the split controls and I have tried it with recirculation and without it and it does the same thing.... I was talking with a buddy of mine and he said that it could be the blower motor resistor 

Edited by Chris Flournoy

I'm not strongly knowledged with A/C diagnosis. BUT I believe your year is equipped with the "new" high pressure refrigerant system, not the good old R-134a. Perhaps you could confirm by looking at the underhood A/C info sticker? And has any A/C ventilation work ever been done to yours? I know that by year, yours would be considered relatively "new".

3 hours ago, Chris Flournoy said:

It has the split controls and I have tried it with recirculation and without it and it does the same thing.... I was talking with a buddy of mine and he said that it could be the blower motor resistor 

doubt it is the blower res,,,, as they are always good or bad in my experience with them over the years

Hey there, I was pretty tired out when responding last eve. I re read your posting and YES it sounds like a control {FAN SPEED} problem is yours the big screen audio screen and controls for fan failing from the screen or when you say turn off by the manual knob control?