Possible failed torque converter??

I made a post about two days ago in regards to my transmission slipping while trying to engage 6th gear. I’ve been experiencing this issue for a little over a week. I changed the transmission fluid, problem still consist. At first, I did have codes for P0729 (incorrect gear 6 ratio) and P0733 (incorrect gear 3 ratio). After the fluid change, I no longer see the code for P0733 but got another code for P083B (transmission fluid pressure sensor). Now… outside the slipping into 6th gear, the car recently (like a day or two ago) started to stall at idle, not always but the fact it happens is enough. It’ll start back up fine and will function properly (outside the slipping). Is this possibly a cause of a failing torque converter? Locked solenoids? I also had gotten my transmission replaced a year ago in August not sure if that’s good or bad details. Any suggestions and/or thoughts would highly be appreciated. 

With any auto trans, the first thing{and easiest} is drop the bottom trans pan and inspect for sludge/ debris laying in the bottom. Some amount of fiber is ok but not metal bits. We recently{2 weeks ago} had to have the trans pulled out on our '14 for a failing torque converter that threw code P0740. Not a fun job and it cost me $1k parts and labor. 

1 year on a reman trans? take it back and see what they say or can do!

1 hour ago, 5rebel9 said:

With any auto trans, the first thing{and easiest} is drop the bottom trans pan and inspect for sludge/ debris laying in the bottom. Some amount of fiber is ok but not metal bits. We recently{2 weeks ago} had to have the trans pulled out on our '14 for a failing torque converter that threw code P0740. Not a fun job and it cost me $1k parts and labor. 

1 year on a reman trans? take it back and see what they say or can do!

I tried taking the pan down but the rtv that was on it was to strong to actually take the pan off. I tried knocking it off and all yet it still didn’t budge so I siphoned the old atf through the inlet port. The old fluid was a bit burgundy compared to the clear clean (new) fluid. Also to ask, if there was an issue with the torque converter itself, it would actually throw a code? 

23 minutes ago, JustDodge said:

I tried taking the pan down but the rtv that was on it was to strong to actually take the pan off. I tried knocking it off and all yet it still didn’t budge so I siphoned the old atf through the inlet port. The old fluid was a bit burgundy compared to the clear clean (new) fluid. Also to ask, if there was an issue with the torque converter itself, it would actually throw a code? 

With pans using RTV instead of leak prone gaskets, one needs to use a tool like a 2" wide paint scraper to work around between the trans case and pan. Quite common to see that.

Yes some codes point directly to a converter problem and other to deep internal trans troubles. Get it back to whom replaced the trans! Even if they offer a partial coverage, it would be well worth doing.

14 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

With pans using RTV instead of leak prone gaskets, one needs to use a tool like a 2" wide paint scraper to work around between the trans case and pan. Quite common to see that.

Yes some codes point directly to a converter problem and other to deep internal trans troubles. Get it back to whom replaced the trans! Even if they offer a partial coverage, it would be well worth doing.

Okay, got ya. I most likely will take it back to them. I was just hesitant because I had financed the work they did originally from working on it and am still paying them. So to have to pour money back to them for an issue I’m already paying them for “fixing” isn’t the best.