I have a 2017 Dodge Journey

Sometimes when I turn the vehicle on the radio is vey noisy and you hear lots of static 

I turn the vehicle off for a few seconds and then on again. The problem goes away. 
This is seldom occurrence. It is really annoying when the radio is off, turn the vehicle on then drive and turn the radio on and then hear all the noisy static. I then need to pull over and turn the vehicle off to clear the noise 

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions

Thanks

possibile your antenna connection might be loose at the radio , there is a noise suppressor you can buy for such problem if it is and interference problem from the engine,BUT this should not be necessary as you have a problem somewhere and should be checked out either thur the dealership or maybe a local  car radio shop which should be cheaper,,when you find the problem please report back for others that might come up with this problem

• 4 months later...

Same thing happened to me earlier today on my 2018 journey. Before I could pull over to turn mine off, the radio restarted itself. Both the touchscreen and physical buttons were not responsive. I was thinking there could be an update available for the firmware and it most likely is software related if a reboot made it go away. I’ve had the truck for about 7 months or so

15 hours ago, Cruz said:

Same thing happened to me earlier today on my 2018 journey. Before I could pull over to turn mine off, the radio restarted itself. Both the touchscreen and physical buttons were not responsive. I was thinking there could be an update available for the firmware and it most likely is software related if a reboot made it go away. I’ve had the truck for about 7 months or so

no robot what what i have ever heard