*sighs* no passenger heat…

JustDodge

I brought this issue up sometime ago, still the same issue where there’s no heat on the passenger side. I stay in Michigan where we’re dealing w snow. I checked the actuator again, it didn’t move when I changed the passenger temp which was a giveaway to what was happening. I bought another actuator, replaced the old one… still had the same issue. I checked the actuator again, to notice that it didn’t move in increments with the temp. If I put the temp at 72° or above it would completely open and anything below that it would just completely close. I have the actuator off now and move the actual flap with my hand to see if theres an issue outside the actuator and still no heat at all. The also has an effect on my underfloor heat vents, hot heat blows through those either. I make sure my coolant is topped. What could it possibly be? 

sounds like your heater core is plugging up for the right side, ( it is a 2 zone core) you could try to reverse flush the core, or just replace it but if you do replace it make sure you flush your system first and also did you USE the correct antifreeze when topping it off...check youtube for the quick way to replace the heater core

ATC auto temp control has more parts involved than just actuators like normal manual controls. This is why I suggested in the past thread to have a complete scan done relating to the HVAC system. BUT YES I agree that the heater core is a prime suspect in lack of passenger side heat.

Both my current DJ's have manual dual front zone control, BUT soon I'll be getting another that does have the ATC system, I'll post here with what I find on "real world" operation, as being in the Buffalo/western NY area....we NEED to have GOOD HEAT!

Edited by 5rebel9

57 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

ATC auto temp control has more parts involved than just actuators like normal manual controls. This is why I suggested in the past thread to have a complete scan done relating to the HVAC system. BUT YES I agree that the heater core is a prime suspect in lack of passenger side heat.

Both my current DJ's have manual dual front zone control, BUT soon I'll be getting another that does have the ATC system, I'll post here with what I find on "real world" operation, as being in the Buffalo/western NY area....we NEED to have GOOD HEAT!

Yeah I went back through the thread. Shortly after that thread was made, I did take it to the shop but was told it was looking to be an actuator and they was charging a $100 just to look at it. Knowing how much it cost to replace the actuator, it wasn’t worth the $100 especially if I could do it myself. But come to find out, the actuator wasn’t the whole issue. I did think of a coolant flush as well since my driver heat yet is hot, just not the hottest. Looks like that’s next! I’ll go YouTube how that’s done.

Edited by JustDodge

47 minutes ago, JustDodge said:

Yeah I went back through the thread. Shortly after that thread was made, I did take it to the shop but was told it was looking to be an actuator and they was charging a $100 just to look at it. Knowing how much it cost to replace the actuator, it wasn’t worth the $100 especially if I could do it myself. But come to find out, the actuator wasn’t the whole issue. I did think of a coolant flush as well since my driver heat yet is hot, just not the hottest. Looks like that’s next! I’ll go YouTube how that’s done.

do a reverse flush to break it all loose