oil cooler

2late4u

well i am still waiting on my abs module from the dealership that was supposed to be on backorder till the first of the year, and since it will be covered under my ext. warranty that is why i am on the waitlist, but at my last oil change i noticed some oil collecting at the base of the oil cooler unit so i cleaned it out the best i could and there wasnt a lot just hard to get to and have been keeping an eye on how much it is leaking which isn't much ( i use about 2 cotton balls taped to a skinny stick it and it soaks it up real good so its not leaking bad)  i plan on getting it replaced as well when they do the abs unit...that way i will only have to pay one deductible have 138 k on the journey and i do my own oil changes

• 2 weeks later...

well i went ahead and had the oil cooler unit fixed at the dealership as it seemed to be leaking a bit more  and I  didnt want to wait till i was on a trip and it goes out completely,new unit and gaskets and the threw in a free oil change as well and was covered under my max warranty with a $100 ded. no mention of the hours to replace it on the bill and also no mention of price on the parts but i would assume at least a $ 5-600 bill at least,,,,BAD thing is the said they have NO update on my abs unit that is on backorder oh well wait and see, i guess

If it lets go you would have to get towed most likely, not cheap.  Labor I think is roughly 1.5  hours , proper clean up could make it even longer.  Complete unit with the temp and pressure sensors on it has to be close to $250 with tax. New set of intake seals would have gone on as well. Good time for plug change if they are due.

Dealer won’t use the aftermarket all aluminum units, but plastic one should outlast your ownership. 

Edited by John/Horace